“Nice Hotel”

Hotel MTL EXPRESS Montreal Airport
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Dorval
Reviewed 14 May 2012

went to this hotel for a quick getaway... Check in was great..Thank you to Monique and Maria.. Very pleasant people working at reception.. Called ahead and spoke to the Manager and got a room upgrade. very nice touch Thanks Magda...Nice breakfast incl too.. Love Best Western for that.. Small pool that we had all to ourselves on a Friday afternoon. Very peaceful with a rainfall coming down from the ceiling..

Room Tip: Ask which rooms are the quietiest as it is close to the airport and train station..
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Jolene D, Front Office Manager at Hotel MTL EXPRESS Montreal Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2012

Dear Poupoun,

Magda and I Thank you for taking the time to write your good feedback.

I am passing on your comments to Maria and Monique, knowing that it will serve as an inspiration to our staff to continue their efforts.

We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us at the Best Western Plus the next time you are in Montreal.

We look forward to your return.

Jolene Dube

Reviewed 11 April 2012

I had a 5 night stay here in early April, 2012. The room was a little small, but comfortable. There was a small fridge which allowed me to keep some drinks and some light meals and snacks in the room. There was also a coffee maker and Best Western always include an iron & ironing board. I only used the fridge. The TV was a CRT type that could stand upgrading and the TV services could have been a little better. The bed was comfortable and the room was nicely made up and well cleaned every day. Staff was friendly and helpful. Parking was adequate...I often returned late at night and was always able to find a spot. A lot of construction in the area so access to the hotel is a bit tricky but not difficult once you know where you are going. Overall a good place to stay.

Room Tip: One side faces the VIA station and RR tracks. You can hear the low rumble of the freights. Did not...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Bob P
Jolene D, Front Office Manager at Hotel MTL EXPRESS Montreal Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2012

Dear traveler,

Let me start by thanking you for sharing with everyone your experience during your recent stay at our Best Western Dorval.

Thank you for the nice comment toward our property. When those constructions will be over, it will be much easier for every one!

We are very happy that you enjoyed our services and we hope to see you again.

If we can be of assistance in the future, don't hesitate to contact us.

Again, thanks for taking the time and see you on your next trip!

Reviewed 10 April 2012

The hotel was typical standard for overnight airport hotels regarding rooms and the positive sides were the restaurant where the food was excellent and the business centre was good. The major problem we had, apart from noise all night, was having to wait an hour in freezing temperatures outside the airport for the shuttle bus to arrive. I had 2 children and an elderly mother with me so I had to send them back inside the airport terminal to wait in the warmth. By the time the shuttle came loads of other people turned up and just got on it in front of me and I couldn't get my family and luggage on board quick enough so my whole family had to wait AGAIN! The shuttle seemed to serve 2 hotels and was not big enough to take all the arrivals at once. We had similar angst the next morning that we would not all get on the shuttle back to the airport which only runs on thehalf hour. I would not stay here again and it has put me off Best Western altogether. It is probably ok for single travellers but I would never take a family there again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking out of your time to wright about your experience at our Best western Plus Hotel.

I apologize for the disappointment of our shuttle services. I apologize as well for the time you had to wait outside in the cold. We strive to provide excellent service with our shuttle and our accommodation.

Again, please know that we are taking your feedback to heart and focusing on improving. I sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to extend our usual hospitality

Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!

Reviewed 9 March 2012

took the stay and park package and had our SUV stolen from their parking lot. When you come back at 2am with 2 young kids it is an aweful experience. The parking lot has no protection and the hotel did not even notice our car was missing. When we asked the front desk operator to call the POlice he told us to wait until he was done serving all other customers! On our night there there was also a fire alarm at 1AM and the staff did not know how to turn it off even if they knew it was a false alarm. They will never see me again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank mcmdh
Jolene D, Front Office Manager at Hotel MTL EXPRESS Montreal Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2012

Dear guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for your unpleasant experience as a guest of Best Western Montréal Airport.

If we can be with any help with the police department about your situation, be sure that we will do everything we can. Our parking is secured by camera system and a security guard all night.

Your experience with our Best Western was not the quality of service that we have promised to provide to our guests. We strive to provide excellent service and accommodations. You are sorry you and your family could not enjoy our usual services.

Once again, I apologize for your unpleasant return of vacation and any inconvenience we may have caused you. Please fell welcome at our hotel in your future travels. If I can help you with a future reservation, you may contact me at jolene@bwdorval.ca

Jolène Dubé
13000 Cote-De-Liesse
Dorval QC H9P 1B8
67011 Property
Best Western Montreal Airport Hotel

Reviewed 3 March 2012

The party of us stayed in this hotel for a few days on business. It is very conveniently located near the airport and VIA train station. But also because of the location and the highways, it was not very pleasant or easy to walk, say to a restaurant near by, if you can find one. We were stuck with having to eat our dinner at the restaurant in the hotel which I found a bit pricey. The food and service were good, however. The hotel staff were friendly and were almost always smiling. They were fluently bilingual.

The hotel has a business center where you can access Internet free on one of the three pc's. Right across the business center, there's a small gym which surprisingly was pretty busy at night while we were there. I did not check the pool which was reported to be very small. The price of room comes with a simple breakfast of coffee, juice, yogurts, bagels and toasts, boiled eggs etc., which I found very convenient if one has to rush to a meeting in the morning.

We found the rooms very dry with the fan noise from the heater unbearable especially at night. There was no way to turn the fan off except to turn the whole system off, in which case you would freeze. I could not sleep well the first night and only after using the ear plugs could I sleep better later on. On the last night of our stay however, we were waken up by a fire alarm at about 1 am. Firefighters from at least 6 fire trucks arrived shortly after. It seemed to be a false alarm but nobody from the hotel told us anything and not a word of apology was uttered by the hotel.

I found the sofa chair with ottoman very comfortable to sit down and watch TV on the flat screen TV after a busy working day. Also, the window in the room is very well insulated from the noise from the traffic or airplanes flying by. The hotel room and bathroom were clean and tidy.

In summary, I'll have no hesitation to recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank taijime
Jolene D, Front Office Manager at Hotel MTL EXPRESS Montreal Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experiences in our Hotel. I’m glad you would not hesitate to recommend us to your friends and Family.

I will take this opportunity to apologize regarding the fire alarm all the inconvenient that may have caused you that night and I thank you for your understanding.

We strive to provide excellent service and accommodate our guests throughout their stay.

If we can be of any assistance for your futures reservation, do not hesitate to contact us at any times.

Jolène Dubé
67011 Property
BEST WESTERN PLUS Montreal Airport Hotel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dorval
Dorval / Airport / Train Station
Aloft Montreal Airport
Aloft Montreal Airport
#47 of 165 in Montreal

Been to Hotel MTL EXPRESS Montreal Airport? Share your experiences!