“Thursday night is Veal night!”
Review of L'Academie

L'Academie
Ranked #26 of 101 Restaurants in Pointe Claire
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

We had a very nice dinner a few weeks ago. I usually go on Thursday for the veal special. The lemon veal is my favorite. Appetizers are on the small side. Not great value.

Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

We had gone to L'Academie on Boul. St Jean a few years ago and had found the food to be extremely underwhelming.
Jump ahead a few years: My sister's surprise party was held there on June 2nd. The food was outstanding, and the service was great.
Paul was really looking forward to going back.
We returned tonight on one of our rare dates.

The food was exactly as bad as our first meal there. My veal didn't taste fresh, the side vegetables were doused in some salty spices and the pasta was DRY. Seriously. It was supposed to be pasta aglio e olio, except they were just dry lol. Someone forgot something.
My husband ordered the same dish he had ordered last week: veal tortellini with rosé sauce, but it didn't taste the same at all. It tasted like frozen noodles...

Let's be honest. I can understand the food being a miss. No big deal I suppose. It happens. However how it's dealt with makes all the difference in the world.
I told the waiter the quality wasn't even close to what it had been for my sister's party and that it was unfortunate, especially after it had been so great last week! He replied that he'd speak to the manager.

The waiter came back a while later and said, "I spoke to the manager. There's not much we can do. I guess we'll keep an eye on it. But that's about it".
I just said, "ok". But what I was really thinking was, " seriously?!".

I'm FLOORED. I will never go back, and I will always let people know about this experience.

#lacademie #westisland #nopride #badbusiness #restaurantfail

Reviewed 25 May 2017

Service was great, fast and accurate..however, the duck I ordered was over cooked and a tad dry...and the veggies were under cooked and hard. But it was all very tasty!

Reviewed 23 May 2017

Came here for lunch and was pleasantly surprised! The decor is bright, clean, modern and yet we had a cozy nook all to ourselves. The service was friendly, attentive and helpful. We ordered mussels and the catch of the day. The servings were generous and full-flavoured: the mussels and frites were with blue cheese and the cod came with an avocado salsa and veggies. It is a BYOB, so don't forget the bottle. We did. We left with a very positive feeling about the whole experience!

Reviewed 9 May 2017

On Friday May 5th, we were a group of 11 diners who had arrived just before 17;30. The place was almost empty at that time. From the start the waiter appeared impatient. He asked the 4 last to arrive for their order before starting with those who already had the menus for 10 minutes. I had the halibut which was very good. the lady beside me had the bavette which she would have given a 4 on 10 , the man across from her had lamb that was very dry and the lady across from me ordered the seafood linguinii. Her order was served in an assiette cruse. the pasta looked like it had been shaped in a bowl and then a few pieces of seafood were scattered around the edges of the mound. She ate some of the seafood and started on the pasta. One forkful and her face changed. We all noticed and she gave her husband a few strands to taste. He remarked that the garlic was raw and bitter. The waiter made scarce until he started at the other end of the table to remove dishes. Why there since were served before them. When he got to me and the lady across from me she told him that there was a problem with the pasta. He VERY rudely told her he had asked if everything was ok (as he flew by not acknowledging anyone) and she didn't speak up. She left all the huge mound of pasta. He grabbed the dish. He did not offer any alterntive and asked who wanted coffee and dessert served coffee and dessert. And then SURPRISE she got her bill. When shed asked to speak to the manager the waliter reiterated that she had eten everything!!!! Not so. Another person in our party of 11 had ordered the ame dish and it was properly cooked because she gave a tste to another person and finished it.. A young man , acting as the manger,came to the tabe and immediately told her that he had seen the plate and there was only one piece of seafood left on the plate and treated her and her husband like liars! I explained to the `manager`that as a group and individually we have eaten at the Brossard, Laval, Downtown locations of L'Academie and have never been so badly treated. he came back again saying the waiter had showed hime the plate with one remaining piece of season at which I pointed to the other person in our party who had ordered the same dish and got a good one. Since I was making noise he decided to see what he could do . We expected him to make a new bill removing the dish but instead the waiter came back to the table and throw the cash amount on the table as the lady was trying to explain to him what he could have done to save the situation. The waiter waved her off with `I have other tables`. when we left we walked right past the `manager`who never looked up nor apologized. NEVER AGAIN.

1  Thank SirCrosse