Motel Le Voyageur(Saint Jerome)
Free cancellation until 27/07
Book now, pay at stay
USD 68
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Motel La Cheminee(Saint Jerome)
Free cancellation until 26/07
Priceline
USD 125
USD 121
Priceline
All reviewssausagestayed herenext morningdu nordwafflesdecent staythe young ladythe perfect place to stayno issuesmontrealinnsbicycles
Reviewed 17 August 2013

We recently stayed here to launch our bike trip along the P'tit Train du Nord. The shuttle service operates from the train station which is close to the Comfort Inn.
The rooms are what you would expect - no surprises. The beds and pillows aren't too comfortable, but again, what we expected.
What was really nice was the breakfast the next morning. Plenty to eat and choose from. Most of the guests at breakfast were all doing the bike trip, and we all loaded up on fruit, eggs, toast, etc.
For our purposes, the comfort inn was a good choice. We ate at Steak and Frites the night before. Good food. BYOB.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Caribou0203
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We arrived here after 4 days of biking the P'Tit Train du Nord bike path and it was nice to have a spacious room after spending the previous 3 nights in smaller B&B style rooms. The Inn caters to cyclists and allows you to take your bikes into your room. The continental breakfast is typical, it is a small area but traffic in morning was light and had no problem finding a table. The beds as mentioned in other reviews are very firm and did cause me a problem since I am a side sleeper and the pillows are small, more like cushions. We were to stay here the night before we were to leave for the bike tour but the organizer had failed to book our room. The person on front desk was very helpful and eventually arrange for us to stay at a local motel not too far away...there was no rooms available. Needless to say we were irate and frustrated but she remained calm and helped us through it. This took some time to sort out and as mentioned in other reviews she was the only person on duty so a waiting queue was created so I imagine the people behind us were getting frustrated.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2013

I have staid at this hotel 15 to 20 times in the last 5 months. I have always used the same calling card to make phone calls from the room that I have staid in. The calling card is an 866 #. Toll free number. I have never been charged anything to do this. I made my normal call last night. This morning when I check out. I was billed $21.30 for the phone call. When I questioned the charge. I was told that I was billed for the call and they would not even tell me what the phone number was that I called. When I asked for a supervisor I was told she was not coming in for another hour. When I called back later the person that answered the phone would not let me talk to the supervisor. She told me the supervisor would not drop the charge. When I called back this evening I was told by the person I talked to that 866 is not a toll free number. They not only do not have any customer skills. They also do not know what are toll free numbers. When I talked to Choice Privileges they were not any help at all. I guess they only collect their franchise fees and do not stand behind their product. I have staid in Choice Hotels 300 nights in the last two years. But after this experience I will be looking into other hotels. Also the bananas were black and they were out of scrabbled eggs this morning.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank RONNIE F
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I used to always stay at this hotel if I had to go to Montreal and back. The price was great and so was the service. However, this time the service was really slow. We booked one of the last rooms and the hotel was VERY busy. Only one person was working at the front desk, answering phones and checking people in. I called first and was left on hold for over 10 minutes. I went to the check-in counter and asked about rooms. She told me the price but explained that it was only for 1 adult. I checked with my family and came back in but had to wait another 15 minutes to check-in. Many people were waiting for a long time with me. Any other adults would be an extra $10. The air conditioner had been left on and it was freezing. The bed was not very comfortable and the pillows were very small, more like cushions.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mel G
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Stayed with a large group for a long weekend. Group rate is higher than rate by calling as an individual or booking online.. $159 for first night, $129 for second, and $99 for third. Unusual, as most hotels in this class offer a discounted group rate. Group split between 3 floors. When booking as a group, no members of the party were permitted to use the spa or fitness room facilities. No early check-in was permitted, for any rooms. Not permitted to wait in the lobby for 3pm check in time. Staff was rude and not accommodating, with the exception of the housekeeping staff who were friendly and professional. The hotel was simple but clean, large rooms. Beds very uncomfortable, towels small and thin. Breakfast was typical continental, as expected. Location was great for what we needed, and lots of restaurants in the area.
Will not be returning -- very poor value for high price paid. Have stayed in a dozen other much better value in Montreal area.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family