All reviews sausage next morning du nord waffles decent stay the young lady the perfect place to stay no issues montreal inns tim bicycles
Reviewed 10 August 2013

I have staid at this hotel 15 to 20 times in the last 5 months. I have always used the same calling card to make phone calls from the room that I have staid in. The calling card is an 866 #. Toll free number. I have never been charged anything to do this. I made my normal call last night. This morning when I check out. I was billed $21.30 for the phone call. When I questioned the charge. I was told that I was billed for the call and they would not even tell me what the phone number was that I called. When I asked for a supervisor I was told she was not coming in for another hour. When I called back later the person that answered the phone would not let me talk to the supervisor. She told me the supervisor would not drop the charge. When I called back this evening I was told by the person I talked to that 866 is not a toll free number. They not only do not have any customer skills. They also do not know what are toll free numbers. When I talked to Choice Privileges they were not any help at all. I guess they only collect their franchise fees and do not stand behind their product. I have staid in Choice Hotels 300 nights in the last two years. But after this experience I will be looking into other hotels. Also the bananas were black and they were out of scrabbled eggs this morning.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank RONNIE F
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I used to always stay at this hotel if I had to go to Montreal and back. The price was great and so was the service. However, this time the service was really slow. We booked one of the last rooms and the hotel was VERY busy. Only one person was working at the front desk, answering phones and checking people in. I called first and was left on hold for over 10 minutes. I went to the check-in counter and asked about rooms. She told me the price but explained that it was only for 1 adult. I checked with my family and came back in but had to wait another 15 minutes to check-in. Many people were waiting for a long time with me. Any other adults would be an extra $10. The air conditioner had been left on and it was freezing. The bed was not very comfortable and the pillows were very small, more like cushions.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mel G
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Stayed with a large group for a long weekend. Group rate is higher than rate by calling as an individual or booking online.. $159 for first night, $129 for second, and $99 for third. Unusual, as most hotels in this class offer a discounted group rate. Group split between 3 floors. When booking as a group, no members of the party were permitted to use the spa or fitness room facilities. No early check-in was permitted, for any rooms. Not permitted to wait in the lobby for 3pm check in time. Staff was rude and not accommodating, with the exception of the housekeeping staff who were friendly and professional. The hotel was simple but clean, large rooms. Beds very uncomfortable, towels small and thin. Breakfast was typical continental, as expected. Location was great for what we needed, and lots of restaurants in the area.
Will not be returning -- very poor value for high price paid. Have stayed in a dozen other much better value in Montreal area.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank awayjj
Reviewed 28 August 2012

I spent a weekend in the Saint-Jérôme - Saint-Sauveur area and was looking a hotel with a pool or spa, or both. The Comfort Inn Saint-Jérôme was close to the highway, affordable and a perfect solution. Check in, while early, was easy and pleasant. Our stay was pleasant as well.

I will however say this, side sleepers will not be comfortable. The beds are hard and the thin mattress pads do not make up for the hardness. The overly fluffy pillows would work great with a softer mattress. Not a bad night sleep but I missed my own bed and pillows.

The breasfast was disappointing to be sure... I've been to other CI locations where there were waffle-makers, scrambled eggs, and full-sized bagels. Not to mention the fact that the breakfast room is a small nook, far too small to handle the hotel's customers. Thank God for Ben&Florentines next door.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank theranna
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights during our holiday around East Canada. We had 2 rooms, one accessible. The accessible room is good except that the shower has a step into it! The pool is a welcome addition although it would be beneficial if they made the way to it easier for wheelchair users. The free breakfast is a nice addition. Couldn't really find much to do around here, we went to the shopping mall but was surprised to see it closing at 5pm on a Saturday! Accessible room smells a little musty!

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family