“okay”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 September 2014

Nice place. I went there with my baby (asked them first because it is not really a family place). We were nicely served. Food was good.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

We have eaten at Steak, Etc. In Sj-Jérôme on many occasions. Only once were our steaks sub-par. This was brought to the owner's attention, and the bill was cut in half for that occasion. Otherwise, we usually order a strip steak, the smallest, as we cannot eat those larger portions anymore. The steaks are usually cooked to our liking, and the fries are tasty and not greasy. What perplexes us are the veggies that come with the plate. I don't particularly like coed carrots, regardless of their color. So, too, for my wife. We have been surprised to find that if we ask for "green" veggies, we can usually have some broccoli instead. Excellent. (By the way, I agree that the menus for two are quite expensive for what you receive, but the steak is always good!)

The main reason I am writing is to explain our latest meal there, just two nights ago (a Thursday evening). We were seated in the main section, to the left of the door, at a table for four. There was relatively noisy group of six to our left, another couple behind us, and on the right side, there were other patrons, including a group of six mid-twenty-year-old women having a girls' night out, I guess.

What was upsetting, and always is, is that some people do not know how to behave in a restaurant. Some people seem to believe that because they pay for a meal, they can yell, scream and disturb all the other patrons of the restaurant. These young ladies were no different, and when added to the occasional outbursts from the table to our side, the situation became unacceptable. I asked to be moved elsewhere, and we were fortunate that there was one table available in the next room.

Even there, it was still annoying to hear the outbursts of laughter, to the point of hysteria, by those six ladies in the other room. There were seven tables in our room, so a total of fifteen people. Everyone spoke normally, some people laughed occasionally, but it was possible to talk normally and still hear each other, and not disturb everyone else.

Yes, I know this is supposed to be a restaurant review, and it is, in a way! The food was delicious, regardless of the carrots. The steak was cooked correctly, and tasted good. The fries were great!

But, what does one do with people who spoil the occasion for others by being so loud and noisy? It's not the fault of the restaurant. What I would like is to have people be responsible for their own actions while in a restaurant. I don't believe that because you have paid for you ticket, you can do whatever you like. Your rights stop where mine begin and vice-versa. Why is this so difficult for some people to realize?

Do others feel the same way that I do about this issue?

1  Thank Al B
Reviewed 8 August 2014

nice building terrassa so so rib stesk at 35 dollars was tough and full of nerve bad tartare steak was tofull of capers crab cake delicious fries excelent never going back

2  Thank aloup661
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Went at this restaurant for an anniversary. Service was excellent, food was awesome and the service was perfect.

I would go back at this restaurant again and again

Reviewed 4 February 2014

In a cozy, early Canadian ambience, the food is excellent and you can bring your own wine.

Setting is in an old early Canadian Stone Dwelling.

The service is impeccable.