“Good and bad!!”

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Kindersley
Lloydminster, Canada
“Good and bad!!”
Reviewed 24 December 2011

I chose this hotel as it has alot of amenities. Restaurant, bar, pool, etc. I was told that all they had left was a suite so I reserved that. The last room (as I was told) was the room I went to. It was on the first floor and this room was small, old, and very run down. I plugged in the blow dryer and blew the breaker and had no power. I phoned the front desk and they told me they would flip the breaker but do not run anything but the blow dryer at one time. OMG. So I turned off the TV and the fan and just used the blow dryer and once again blew the breaker, no power. They said I may not have power for many hours. OK, I need another room! Next room I get is a suite. It is a smoking room, but what does one do? Now this new room is really nice! Great big new room, huge, with a seperate bedroom! REALLY NICE! Am I even in the same hotel ...wondering!! The restaurant and bar are both really fun and its great that they are adjoined to the hotel. The girl working in the AM at the front desk is terrific, but she did tell me she was on her last week of work at the hotel. I know this hotel caters to rig and pipeline people but I really can`t believe they would rent a room that the blow dryer blows the breaker! There is also NO PARKING!! OMG, I had to walk along ways, in very cold weather, lots of snow, just to get to the hotel from my parking spot!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank RodeoFoto

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 19 August 2011

We had stayed at this hotel a few years ago for my granddaughters wedding. It was marvelous, everything from friendly, helpful staff to wonderful food and beverages.Everyone thoughly enjoyed themselves. We had a blast!
How things have changed!
Unfortunately it is no longer independantly owned and even more unfortunate it is now owned by the NOVA Inns. Now we have had the misfortune to have to stay at a Nova Inn in Edson, Alberta and swore we would never stay with that chain again. Have never heard a good thing about them!
We arrived at the Kindersley Inn and knew immediately things are different.The staff is very rude and unfriendly. Rooms, halls and stairways are filthy, looks like they haven't seen a vacuumn in a very long time. Very unpleasant odor! Bathrooms are totally gross. Everything very dated and worn. Restaurant was terrible and absolutely no apology or compensation for below average service and food. No one had an enjoyable meal. The quality and freshness of food was terrible.
We went for a drink in lounge and it was ok but not the cleanest.
As far as the bar is concerned, its name,"The Doghouse", suits it. Very rude staff with no idea how to smile or be friendly but sure know how to bark. Way too many fights happening to have an enjoyable time.
I was so glad when we checked out and went elsewhere. We found some rooms at The Arbour Ridge. What difference! Rooms spotless and woman(Linda) on front desk was an angel.
We are so glad our other granddaughter has changed her mind about getting married at Kindersley Inn. It would be a real let down.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank 50MCARD
Balzac, AB
Reviewed 29 November 2010

When we arrived early we were told it was not possible to check in prior to 3 pm. Since I had to wait the next day for someone to pick me up and they would not be arriving till 6pm. I tried to get a late check out. I jokingly told them that I would be homeless with no where to go for at least 6 hrs. You have to remember we were in Kindersley, Saskatchewn. (Not a lot to do!) They didn't even crack a smile and told me they could give me another 1/2 hour and I had to be checked out by 12:30. I assume then that all their rooms are cleaned at the last minute even though most of there cliental are people who leave early in the morning. The hotel smells strongly of cigarette smoke and the staircase is filthy with piles of dirt in between the railings. The room itself was not bad. It is however, too bad the front desk staff are so inhospitable.

• Stayed November 2010
Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed 25 August 2010

Outdated bathroom, radio broken, terrible coffee-maker, entryway bulb burned out, smoky, uncertain cleanliness and curt desk clerk. Small parking lot, no unloading shelter.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mcsOntarioCanada
Edmonton, Alberta
Reviewed 13 February 2010

The first thing you smell when you walk in is the overpowering smell of cigarette smoke in the lobby. This continues up the staircase. There was an empty cigarette package on the stairs that didn't get moved. I think it is mostly an issue with the ventilation since the smokers all smoke outside the front door and the smell travels in. I ate in the bar area and the restaurant and neither of those areas smelled of smoke and the room didn't smell either. My colleagues and I all had difficulties regulating the temperate in the room since they only have the old style heaters with the dials under the window. The room was adequate and fairly clean.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business