All reviews underground parking breakfast buffet one bedroom suite keurig coffee maker rooms are small full kitchen the outdoor hot tub the king size bed washer and dryer yogurt nice room long weekend canadian rockies elk mountains banff fireplace
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were very much looking forward to staying at this hotel based on the pictures online. Unfortunately, we were very disappointed with our entire stay.

The front desk agent who checked us in was not informative. She didn't mention parking at all and when I went back to ask about underground all she said was "Its $10!" and went back to work. She didn't ask us if we wanted it or inform us of where else to park. We ended up just parking on the street.

When we got to the room itself it was the smallest room we've ever stayed in. It was very crammed with lime and rust build up in the bathroom. The walls were also paper thin and we could hear every conversation next door. It was not fun to be woken up at 7am with kids knocking on the neighboring door, yelling and running up and down the hall. The room was also extremely warm that we ended up opening up our window with it snowing outside and it still didn't cool us down!

After all the negative, we were looking forward to possibly relaxing and getting a nice meal at the restaurant on site. Unfortunately this was a disappointment as well. It was very quiet even with a few families there. We felt awkward to talk because everyone would be able to hear our conversation. No music or tv's with the volume on. Our server was no better. We sat down and ordered two pops and it took a long time to get to us (there was only 4 other families). We then decided if it was going to take this long that we might as well eat elsewhere. When we asked for the bill, she said she would get it right away. Ten minutes pass and she started moving tables and chairs around. When she stopped by again quite a few minutes later, she brings us a cup of nuts. I once again asked for the bill and her response was "I just brought you nuts". At this point, we are growing agitated and just wanted to get out to go eat elsewhere. I feel bad for even writing this review because she was a sweet girl, but just seemed out of it and maybe having an off day.

When we checked out, we informed the same lady at the desk who checked us in about our stay. All she could say was "That's how the property was built".

Overall, I would rate this a 0 stars if I could it was that bad. We were looking forward to a nice night away and it ended up being a bust. I would not recommend this place to anyone!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ksandstra
WindtowerLodgeSuites, Front Office Manager at Windtower Lodge & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear kristinicoleee,

Thank you very much for taking the time and effort to post a personal review here at TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the Windtower Lodge & Suites.

We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience during your stay with us.
At Windtower Lodge & Suites, we always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected.

We sincerely regret to note, however, of your dissatisfaction with regards to the room particularly with your comments about the size,condition and warm temperature.

Your feedback in regards to the level of service received at check-in and restaurant will continuously help us deliver and improve our services in all areas.

I appreciate your comments and feedback and where possible will make the necessary changes in order to fix the issues at hand that can be solved and rest assured that all your comments and concerns have been shared with the concern departments for necessary action to avoid any re-occurrence.

Guest satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

The 'King size Standard room was really just the bedroom of another suite...it was tiny and the most 'awkward' shaped room ever!...the only chair in the room was underneath a wall light sconce that you would hit your head on if you tried to sit in the chair! We could clearly hear the conversation of the occupants in the 'suite' part of this room. (another awkward!) But the best aspect of all was...BEING RIGHT BESIDE ALL OF THE GARBAGE DUMPSTERS FOR THE ENTIRE HOTEL... and the area where the staff went out on breaks to smoke...they could have all seen into our minuscule room! The door frames and baseboards were not clean and the place is a bit shabby. The Hot Tub is only accessible by going outside and was small and not very warm. The final straw is that when we arrived home, our credit card has been charged twice!!! The lady I have spoken to has not been helpful....Please consider your options carefully before staying here... or at least in the 'stand room' we experienced!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bev S

Dear Bev S,

Thank you for posting a TripAdvisor review of your recent stay at the Windtower Lodge & Suites.

We are very disappointed to read that we were unable to make your stay comfortable.

We sincerely regret to note, your dissatisfaction with regards to room location and room features.

Your concerns about the duplicate hold amount on your credit card is been forwarded to our Finance Manager to ensure the speedy release of the hold amount.

All your comments are constructively accepted and valued. I appreciate your comments and unbiased feedback and where possible will make the necessary changes in order to fix the issues at hand that can be solved.

We would appreciate another opportunity so that we can prove to you that we have listened to your feedback and made the necessary changes in order to ensure that our service has improved.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

I just left this property today after a 3 night stay for the Easter weekend. I absolutely loved this place. I booked 4 rooms and requested to have our rooms near each other or on the same floor. They did even better and put all rooms side by side! All 13 of had a memorable weekend. We used the gym & hot tub and enjoyed the free hot breakfast in the morning.

Room Tip: The hot breakfast in the morning is worth it.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank MelaidaC1

Dear Melaida C,

Thank you for your time in posting a review of your recent stay at Windtower Lodge & Suites.

We truly appreciate receiving your positive feedback and had an enjoyable experience with our overall service .

Your feedback is valuable to us as we all look forward to welcoming you back in the nearest future.
Please do not hesitate to contact me for any future should you need my personal assistance with your next booking.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We've spent the last three days at Windtower and the highlight has been dealing with the staff. The house keeping crew is always happy and smiley. Lorna, one of the breakfast staff is so fun! She knows our family by name and is so welcoming!.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Marty G

Dear Marty G,

Thank you for the kind review!
I am extremely happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you had a comfortable stay with us.

Rest assured that your positive comments about the Housekeeping staff and restaurant staff especially Lorna,have been shared with them, to know what a wonderful job they're doing.

We can't wait to have you back to stay with us.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

I treated myself to a quick mountain escape in Canmore and decided to stay in a Standard room at the Windtower Lodge. The room was a lot larger than I expected and was well-equipped with a toaster, Keurig coffee maker, kettle, mini fridge and basic kitchen wares. The room was clean, shower had nice pressure and the bathroom amenities had a nice scent. Location is amazing - so close to the downtown area. I would definitely return here!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
WindtowerLodgeSuites, Front Office Manager at Windtower Lodge & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear showmanNewYork,