This was the first time my wife & I decided to stay at the Blackstone Mountain Lodge. We typically stay at a different property in Canmore, but it was booked for the 3 nights that we were going to be in town, so we decided to look elsewhere. We decided on the Blackstone as it had fairly good reviews, and because there was also a stay for 3, pay for 2 deal available.
We were quite impressed with the property when we first pulled up, and the 1 bedroom suite in which we stayed was also quite nicely appointed. The full sized kitchen was very nice, including granite counter-tops with an eating bar. There were enough pots and pans available to cook a nice meal, and also to do bake some fresh muffins for breakfast. The king size bed was very comfortable and not lumpy. We did not have any problems falling asleep. Our 3rd floor suite was located on the highway-side of the lodge, and to our amazement, we could not hear any highway noise whatsoever. If the window or patio doors were open however, that is a different story. But the in-suite air conditioning kept the suite at a nice, comfortable temperature, so there was no need to keep any windows or patio doors open to cool the suite off.
We did however find a few things that were a little odd and out of place, such as the light fixture which I would expect to be over-top of the dining table, but instead it was in the middle of the room. Most would probably not really notice, however as I'm quite tall (6'6"), I hit my head on it more than once. We also didn't really like how the ice machine was located at the front desk, especially seeing as how the fridge had a ice maker built into the freezer, along with a water dispenser on the door of the fridge, neither of which worked. Seems a little odd to have a fridge with these options, yet they were not plumbed in so that they actually operated. The TV was also quite small, which other reviewers have commented on. This was not really a big deal for us though, however, it would have been nice if the TV in the seating area was a bit bigger than my computer monitor that I have at home. The TV in the bedroom however was quite a bit larger, however, it was of a CRT style TV, and took the whole space up on the top of the dresser.
Two other things that we found a little odd at the Blackstone was that of the amenities provided, such as shampoo, toilet paper, etc., and their business centre. "You will find starter amenities in your unit such as dish soap, shampoo, toilet paper and paper towels. Additional items may be purchased at one of the local grocery stores. Please contact the Front Desk for information regarding directions or hours of operation for these stores." This quote was taken directly from the details pamphlet which was given to us with our room keys. Seems a little odd that they only provide starter amenities. There was more than enough of these starter amenities for myself & my wife, but I kind of wonder if you had more than 2 people staying in the suite if there would be enough. Most places we've stayed at provide more upon request. This was the first time we've ever encountered this policy in which you would have to purchase more on your own. In regards to the business centre, what they don't tell you is that the computers are pay-for-use. There is however free wireless internet throughout the property, but it isn't all that fast as it is shared with everyone on the property.
All in all, we would consider staying at the Blackstone Mountain Lodge again in the future, but probably only while there's a deal available.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 20 minutes from Banff National Park in Canmore, Alberta, Blackstone Mountain Lodge adds a dash of urban polish to the untamed spirit of the Canadian Rockies. Behind our grand carriage house entrance an abundance of contemporary surprises awaits. Choose from a beautifully appointed hotel room with two queen beds or choose from luxuriously appointed one, two and three-bedroom suites. A luxuriously appointed 4 bedroom, 4 bathroom penthouse suite is also available, perfect for hosting small receptions or for discerning guests looking for some extra space. All suites feature gourmet kitchens, in suite laundry, flat screen televisions and slate fireplaces with daily housekeeping service. The Blackstone Mountain lodge features a year round outdoor heated pool with two outdoor hot tubs, state-of-the-art fitness center, heated underground parking, meeting and banquet space along with complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the resort. Delight in the unsurpassed comfort and sophistication of Canmore’s finest condo style hotel – an elegant getaway equally suited for family vacations, romantic escapes and group retreats. Find inspiration from your suite’s mountain views. Revel in all of the high-touch amenities you’d expect from a luxury resort. Cozy social areas throughout the lodge create the perfect setting for guests to savor every moment of their alpine-inspired retreat. Tucked into the mountains, our sun-drenched courtyard features hot tubs and BBQ pits with stunning views of the surrounding Rockies. A day at the lodge might consist of nothing more than a morning dip in the pool, a pampering massage in one of our private spa rooms and a stroll into Canmore to explore the charming restaurants, bistros, boutiques and microbreweries of Main Street. If you’re feeling more adventurous, the gates of Banff National Park - and world-class skiing, golf, hiking, biking and sightseeing - are just minutes away. For anything you might like to see or experience – from fly fishing lessons or a round of golf to a family dogsled adventure or whitewater rafting trip on the Kananaskis River – our helpful team of guest service agents are available 24 hours a day to help plan your next unforgettable rocky mountain adventure. For an unparalleled Rocky Mountain vacation, we welcome you to discover the award-winning Blackstone Mountain Lodge for yourself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TravelClick, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Blackstone Mountain Lodge by CLIQUE reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blackstone Mountain Hotel Canmore
- Blackstone Mountain Resort