“Great memories”

Snowy Owl Sled Dog Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Snowy Owl Sled Dog Tours, the famous forerunners in sled dog touring and racing in the Bow Valley, created the first dog sledding tours over a quarter of a century ago. With over 30 years of experience and expertise in touring, racing and conservation; we are extremely proud of our Canadian and Albertan roots and look forward to sharing our exceptional experiences with you!Our mission is to educate, entertain and provide our guests with a “once in a lifetime experience!” We employ the most qualified instructors, the friendliest and most beautiful, authentic touring huskies who all receive the best possible dog care. We provide guests with the safest tour offerings, all while ensuring the utmost comfort and superior attention to customer service and detail. Snowy Owl Sled Dog Tours excels in its commitment to offer the most genuine dog sledding experience in the Canadian Rockies
Reviewed 20 October 2017

As visitors from Australia during December this was a chance to do something different. Pick up from Banff went smoothly and before we realised it we were being given the pre-trip briefing.
My wife had a leg injury which prevented her being able to operate the brake so I had the chance to do the majority of the driving. However the guide did stop the entire group just before the finish so that I could be the passenger and my wife did the driving for the last couple of minutes.
I thought my fitness was pretty good, I had run the New York City marathon just over a month earlier. At the halfway mark, I was breathless and worried until I was reminded about the altitude. Apparently, I was doing better than most.
It was an experience that neither of us will forget. There was no discussion about buying the photo, it was a race to see who could get their credit card out first.

All reviews
"longer tour"
in 16 reviews
"from australia"

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

We went for the tour yesterday. I must say we were highly impressed. Pickup went very smooth, everyone in the team is very friendly and helpful.
You can tell these people really do care about the wellbeing of their dogs. Every dog seemed to be so happy and well balanced. No chaos at all. The owner was open to answer every question we had. I wished I could’ve stayed all day :-)
Make sure to wear clothes that can get dirty and be prepared they will;-)
I highly recommend this place.
We for sure will be back again.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

The summer kennel tour is so much fun. Who can't have find playing with 120 dogs and puppies. Couldn't be a more fun time. Pick up from the office in town and a short ride to the kennels. Then you get spend an hour and half playing with the most loving dog
you'll ever come across.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Snowy Owl is the best sled dog adventures in town! Great sleds, dogs, and trails in the Spray Lake area! A must if you are in the area.

See more reviews
Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

My husband and I did a sled tour 3 1/2 years ago with Snowy Owl and It was just incredible. It held such a special space in our hearts that when we saw they do summer kennel tours we jumped straight on it. The employee Ethan who picked us up from the shop and took us around explaining different things was so passionate and you could tell he just loves the dogs.
This is one of those experiences you don't want to miss if you love dogs and especially sledding dogs.