“A great experience”

Snowy Owl Sled Dog Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Snowy Owl Sled Dog Tours, the famous forerunners in sled dog touring and racing in the Bow Valley, created the first dog sledding tours over a quarter of a century ago. With over 30 years of experience and expertise in touring, racing and conservation; we are extremely proud of our Canadian and Albertan roots and look forward to sharing our exceptional experiences with you!Our mission is to educate, entertain and provide our guests with a “once in a lifetime experience!” We employ the most qualified instructors, the friendliest and most beautiful, authentic touring huskies who all receive the best possible dog care. We provide guests with the safest tour offerings, all while ensuring the utmost comfort and superior attention to customer service and detail. Snowy Owl Sled Dog Tours excels in its commitment to offer the most genuine dog sledding experience in the Canadian Rockies
Reviewed 19 August 2017

We did this on a whim as the weather wasn't great for sightseeing and so glad we did.
These people know their stuff!
Be prepared to get up close and personnel with the dogs.
Meet at the shop for transfer to the kennels
A tip, wear your worst clothes!

1  Thank tanicholls

Reviewed 10 August 2017

They do care about their dogs. Going on a sled dog tour with them in the mountains above Canmore is thus a delight. For me, they are the only experts in Canmore sled tours, who show as much care for the animals as they care for customers. Try them. It's a once in a life-time tour.

1  Thank Ursula T
Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

I would highly recommend Snowy Owl to anyone! I have been on six tours with them and every one has been fantastic. If you're visiting in the winter, the dog sledding is an amazing experience and they offer a range of different sled tours. In the summer, the kennel tour gives you a great insight into the company, dog breeds and history of dog sledding (as well as getting to stroke around 180 huskies!). Visiting Snowy Owl is a highlight to any trip to The Rockies!

1  Thank Sophie W
Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

This was a terrific day. We learned so much and the younger ones were thrilled with loving on all the dogs.

1  Thank terriwc
Reviewed 21 July 2017

This was a bucket list experience for us. I was so impressed by how these dogs are treated and riding the sleds was just exhilarating, as was crossing the lake! We went in April 2017 near the end of the season and it was the highlight of our trip. I am also very impressed that this company is active in establishing standards in the sledding industry and that they rescue so many dogs. I tell all my friends to do this when in Canada including my Canadian friends. Our kids are 8 and 11 and my 8 year old enjoyed riding in the sled and my 11 year old helped drive with my husband. We will be back again in the future bringing friends with us I am sure!

PS The hot cider and brownies at the end of the ride were GREAT in the cold weather too!

1  Thank Donna M