“Nay but what a spot”
Review of Old Hand Coffee

Old Hand Coffee
Ranked #3 of 22 Coffee & Tea in Abbotsford
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Nary a spot to lay my cap. This pop culture stop with upbeat young life serving and occupying most of the off beat furniture...a ramshackle collection of odds and ends tastefully patched together for the minimal hospitality look, featuring mostly bare bones hardwood surfaces for your lounging comforts.
The Americano is superb, cookies in keeping with your basic general store. Ambience and atmosphere set by the wordless throbbing bounce of your essential swing jazz, with just enough volume to mask the details of your afternoon coffee break. You'll come away refreshed your head cleared by this detour from your routines.

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Have been waiting for a while to find a great coffee place here. This is it. They do coffee right and the sandwich and sweet choices are delicious

Reviewed 15 August 2017

First time in Old Hand Coffee. I wasn't sure what to expect, but heard they had good coffee and eats. For some reason the food options were limited on compared to other days my guest noted, but still a reasonable selection. It was about 11AM when we arrived so the lunch crowd had not yet done their damage. Maybe more options were coming.

Both the coffee and Rhubarb and Blueberry Scones were excellent So both thumbs up on the food and beverages. I was a bit perplexed by the interior design. The name Old Hand suggested to me that I'd be experiencing a retro take me back in time feeling. But I didn't get that. It was comfortable, but it felt more like an eclectic mix to me. The name Old Hand intrigued me, so I guess I was looking for something specific in my head that didn't show up. That said, I'll be back.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

This is an excellent coffee shop in Abbotsford. The atmosphere is very cosy and the coffee is fantastic. This is a great place to work on your computer or visit with good friends

Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

This place was full of charm and character. I really enjoyed the atmosphere and decor.I had a rhubarb scone, which was really delightful. Everyone else at the table said the coffee was great! Must check out!