“Great value and big servings”
Review of Chan's Palace

Chan's Palace
Ranked #89 of 302 Restaurants in Langley City
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 14 February 2017

You sure get a lot for your money here-not the greatest atmosphere but this is NOT a fine dining restaurant. Great bang for your buck!

Reviewed 5 February 2017

Chan's is located in a strip mall, and is therefore unimposing with about 7 tables. You are greeted promptly at the door by friendly staff and taken right to a table.

On this night we chose to order a dinner for 5/6 from a menu which is dominated by Cantonese dishes that are so familiar to us who have grown up In the Vancouver area.

Having said that, the dishes were all very well prepared and arrived in quick succession. The food was hot and looked perfect, and they tasted as good as they looked.

Highlights: none of the dishes were in any way greasy or over-sauced, a frequent problem in some establishments.

Of special note was the Beef and vegetable in black bean sauce hot pot.

With seven dishes, the total price with tip was $17.00 per person for the five of us, with left overs enough for one lucky person to have for lunch tomorrow!

Service was excellent, with all the wait staff rushing to the sound of the dinging "order up" bell, which sounded more urgently if they didn't make it there for pick up in 15 seconds. Obviously the boss does not tolerate dishes laying around and losing their heat!

1  Thank Roy B
Reviewed 4 December 2016

This is the only place I will ever go to for Chinese food for. They have been in Walnut Grove ever since I was a kid and they always have impeccable service!! If you get someone that gives poor service I would be shocked. The Chan's have bene giving excellent food and service for years and there not about to stop now!

Reviewed 22 October 2016

Had dinner here last night, ordered a three person special with an extra dish. The food is always great here, easily proven by the line of people picking up take out. The service is fast and friendly, I get the feeling it is family run which always make it better. I even peeked into the kitchen and it was bustling with cooks. The thing I noticed most was how clean it was. That is another good sign.

1  Thank bluedeuce32
Reviewed 20 October 2016 via mobile

I walked by Chan's and it smelled so good I changed my lunch plan for a burger and went there. The prices were very good and I figured if it was half as good as it smelled it would be worth the price. Now mind you I only got one thing so keep that in mind on this review. (that is why I have it 3 stars instead of 2) The lady at the front was not very friendly and since I did take out I don't know how her customer service is at the table.
I got the Cantonese crispy chow mein. I didn't love the noodles but they weren't horrible. The chicken however was gross. It tasted like fish, I hate the taste of fish and I couldn't even eat it. They were flavourless other than fish taste. I got the honey garlic sauce on the side which helped flavour everything.
They may have better food that I just didn't get, after all it did smell good. But I certainly didn't get the good stuff and in all honesty probably wouldn't go back to see if there was better stuff.
I would say eat at your own risk.