“Not Impressed”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 20 October 2016 via mobile

I walked by Chan's and it smelled so good I changed my lunch plan for a burger and went there. The prices were very good and I figured if it was half as good as it smelled it would be worth the price. Now mind you I only got one thing so keep that in mind on this review. (that is why I have it 3 stars instead of 2) The lady at the front was not very friendly and since I did take out I don't know how her customer service is at the table.
I got the Cantonese crispy chow mein. I didn't love the noodles but they weren't horrible. The chicken however was gross. It tasted like fish, I hate the taste of fish and I couldn't even eat it. They were flavourless other than fish taste. I got the honey garlic sauce on the side which helped flavour everything.
They may have better food that I just didn't get, after all it did smell good. But I certainly didn't get the good stuff and in all honesty probably wouldn't go back to see if there was better stuff.
I would say eat at your own risk.

Reviewed 19 October 2016

Always have the vegetable won ton soup to go as I stay in a near by hotel a lot. The soup is excellent and always hot and full of fresh crisp veggies. Decor very old could use an update for sure.

Reviewed 31 July 2016

We were staying in Langley for an overnight stop over on our way across BC.
We were tired and tried TWO other places, one was closed and the other did not deliver to our hotel. We tried Chan's, they were very accommodating with making a substitution for chicken instead of pork, even though the menu said no substitutions.

They were there at our door in ten minutes! Our only complaint was OUR FAULT, We ordered chow mein, thinking it had vegetables (as it often does in the states), but it didn't, so we had shrimp, rice, and noodles with meat.

It was hot and fresh and we would try it again.

1  Thank lisa c
Reviewed 17 June 2016 via mobile

It was an hour before closing when we entered and the sight of a deserted restaurant didn't fill us with confidence but it was late so we chanced it. There was five of us in our group and we ordered four dishes plus two bowls of rice. The food was tasty and hot. At the end we didn't quite finish and we barely touched the second bowl of rice. None of this was due to poor quality but the quantity defeated us.

Reviewed 19 May 2016 via mobile

Having tried others we tried chans and were happy we did! Everyone in our party had a great meal a few beers and was certainly all good.

We will definitely be back again in the near future.