“Chinese food”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 19 October 2016

Always have the vegetable won ton soup to go as I stay in a near by hotel a lot. The soup is excellent and always hot and full of fresh crisp veggies. Decor very old could use an update for sure.

Reviewed 31 July 2016

We were staying in Langley for an overnight stop over on our way across BC.
We were tired and tried TWO other places, one was closed and the other did not deliver to our hotel. We tried Chan's, they were very accommodating with making a substitution for chicken instead of pork, even though the menu said no substitutions.

They were there at our door in ten minutes! Our only complaint was OUR FAULT, We ordered chow mein, thinking it had vegetables (as it often does in the states), but it didn't, so we had shrimp, rice, and noodles with meat.

It was hot and fresh and we would try it again.

1  Thank lisa c
Reviewed 17 June 2016 via mobile

It was an hour before closing when we entered and the sight of a deserted restaurant didn't fill us with confidence but it was late so we chanced it. There was five of us in our group and we ordered four dishes plus two bowls of rice. The food was tasty and hot. At the end we didn't quite finish and we barely touched the second bowl of rice. None of this was due to poor quality but the quantity defeated us.

Reviewed 19 May 2016 via mobile

Having tried others we tried chans and were happy we did! Everyone in our party had a great meal a few beers and was certainly all good.

We will definitely be back again in the near future.

Reviewed 20 January 2016

Yikes...with 5 star reviews and nothing but great feedback, I really thought taking a risk on Chan's as we passed through town would pay off. I was really really wrong.

Where to start...Their service was lovely and they were fast (10 minutes?!) Almost too fast to cook our food fresh....hmmmmm.

We ordered for take out and we're thrilled to receive a free dish for hitting the $32 mark. We chose the chicken chow mein as our freebie. It was a bland sad clump of chow mein noodles that were chopped into smaller pieces. Flavorless and sprinkled with chopped up chicken bits on top. Meh...this one is going to need soy sauce.

My guys favorite is the ginger beef...Although floppy and chewy, the flavor wasn't awful. The chewiness was somewhat distracting as the pieces felt more like fat and the occasional strips of meat. Pass...

The peppered beef tips gave the most promise upon first tastes. The sauce was loaded with flavor and spicy. Juicy mushrooms and onions floated amongst the steak tips. Looks pretty good so far. Then the beef...the pink tone of the beef made me think it was simply undercooked, possibly medium rare. The meat proved to be spongy and had an odd flavor. I couldn't put my finger on it but it just tasted awful. 3 down...2 to go.

The chicken with cashew nuts and mixed vegetables...ho boy. This one was especially sad. The carrots were almost frozen inside and the chicken was slimy and the lowest quality meat I have ever seen. I barely tried a bite of the chicken as the texture was so off putting. Just terrible.

Last was the sweet and sour boneless pork...this one wasn't actually bad at all. Not to much dough on the bits, the meat was only a little fatty but edible. The sweet and sour sauce was very potent and made the pork quite tasty.

So as I am sitting here staring sadly at $45 worth of Chinese food that is laced with regret and poor quality meat. Might want to avoid this one and be more leery of 5 star ratings on Yelp from now on.