“Nice but not outstanding”

Sen Viet Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 309 Restaurants in Langley City
Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

Food was tasty, and it came in a decent time. Service was not bad, but nothing to write home about. If you plan on using your Entertianment Book, don’t bother because they no longer acccept the coupons or offers.

Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

Stopped in on our way into Langley. Very happy we did. I really enjoyed my Pho! Location is convenient right off Hwy.

Reviewed 26 October 2017

I was there last week with my friends. I really enjoyed their authentic Vietnamese cuisine. The service was excellent. Price was reasonable.

Reviewed 15 September 2017

My wife and I visited Sen Viet recently. This was our second time. The first time was years ago and we had your typical Pho noodles. This time we decided try items that I we don't see in typical Pho restaurants.

Rare Lean Beef Salad - this is a cold salad. It's rare beef that is similar to Japanese beef tataki. However, in Japanese restaurants is more of a ponzu sauce. Here, its in a spicy lime ceviche. Although it doesn't look appetizing, it is really good. We would certainly order it again.

Steamed Roll with Ground Chicken & Mushroom - the best part was the steamed roll. It's similar to the Asian steamed rice roll that you get at dim sum. However, here the rice roll skin is much silkier. Very nice. The 4 pieces of Vietnamese ham on the side was a bit awkward - it doesn't really fit with the dish. It would be nice if they just cut the Vietnamese ham and just serve the steamed rice rolls as an appetizer.

Chargrilled skewers of chicken with rice paper wraps - typically in Pho restaurants, these are all premade. Here you get the chance to roll it all yourself and add in your own ingredients. For the price, you get a decent amount of chicken skewers. Quite nice.

The only downside is they don't serve Red Bean Drink.

The owners were very nice.

We will certainly come back again.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Last minute supper needs took us to this small restaurant in a strip mall. I am glad we found it. Nothing special about the decor, but the food was great!
All your familiar Vietnamese dishes are available, along with many vegetarian options. Things can be tuned to accommodate dietary needs and tastes. The spring rolls and vegetarian salad rolls are an impressive size. Be careful that you don't fill up on appetizers before the entrés arrive.

Fast friendly service, quick answers to questions about the menu and a very fast turnaround in the kitchen. Everything arrived hot and tantalizing.
I recommend this place to anyone who likes Vietnamese cuisine.