“Very good but....”

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Langley City
Vancouver, Canada
“Very good but....”
Reviewed 6 January 2012

Very nice hotel with a great free hot beverage machine in the lobby.
The only negative thing about the hotel is that the room we stayed in did not have a fridge and a microwave like the room our friends stayed in the same night. But, overall its a very nice hotel.
Good job Sandman.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a fridge and a microwave before you book in if that is important to you.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Sunshine Coast BC
Reviewed 30 November 2011

Traveled here with the family (of 3) on business. For a Signature Sandman this one was not that great. Some of the decor was ok, the rest just plain tacky. The lobby was nice except for the strange wallpaper behind the desk and in the elevator. Victorian meets modern. The girl at the desk was real new to the industry. Only one person at the desk, had to wait for a while for her to get off the phone. She was making a reservation for someone on the phone. Checked in on a Friday eve. so you think they would have called another desk person right away. She apologized for taking so long. Another guest arrived behind me and only then did another front desk person come out from the back. (ok, not in a rush, would not have even mentioned that if everything else went better.) I noticed on the webpage that there kitchen suites only have a king size bed and the sofa does not pull out. I asked her if there were any that had a sofa bed. She confirmed that they did not. It is really a surprise that they built all the kitchen rooms to only sleep a max of 2. (most families would like to have the kitchen, not possible here) I then asked if there was a room with a balcony. She told me there was not one available. The place was empty, I can`t believe there was not a room available with a balcony. When entering the room I was surprised how much smaller the room was compaired to the other sinature Sandman we stay at and this standard room. (small for most any hotel room). My first laugh was how when you lift the toilet seat it hits the back of the counter so that it leans forward. Real uncomfortable when you sit down. The counter is so small you can hardly put anything on it. The bathroom was so small period. My second laugh was the rod in the closet. It was too close to the door. Could not even shut the door because the hangers got in the way. Had to push them way inside to close the door. Bad planning all around. Our 12 year old daughter went to get a pop which was on another floor, she got locked in the stairwell. I can understand you having to use the card to get on most floors, but they should have the lobby floor able to enter without your key like most elevators do. The only way out was to go out the fire door and set off the alarm. I noticed she was gone too long and heard her knocking on the door down the hall. The pillows way to high, too fat and big. Hurt our necks. daughter had to use blanket instead. Brand new place, can't understand why the beds are sinking in the middle already. Must have cheaped out on those too. Ok some of the good things. small fridge and microwave under counter. Nice coffee machine with choice of coffee, tea etc. in the lobby. Had a nice dinner at Moxies next door. Allowed pets. Our new dogs first hotel trip. They charged they standard $20.00 for dog. They did give us a nice little bag for the dog with treats. I got a fall special for the place of $109.00. I would not pay anymore for the room we got. Would pay more if they put fold out sofas in the kittchen suites so that more that 2 can stay in them. Good thing it was only for one night.

Room Tip: Don`t stay in a standard room? Stay away from the highway and on ramp side if you like to open your...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank mytrip784
Pitt Meadows, Canada
Reviewed 29 November 2011

We stayed here on our wedding night. It is easily the nicest hotel in Langley, not to mention the newest. The rooms look great, very modern decor. And considering its proximity to Highway 1 there is very little noise. Moxie's restaurant is attached which we have eaten at a couple times. Its a great restaurant on its own. The staff was kind enough to upgrade us to a jacuzzi suite and it was an amazing room. Couldn't have asked for anything more!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 18 November 2011

I was attending a training course in Pitt Meadows and selected Langley’s Sandman Signature hotel based on newness; it had only been open for a couple months and its proximity to Pitt Meadows over the new Golden Ears Bridge.

The lobby is very uptown modern and the check-in process was quick. My room was very comfortable with a king size bed, a sofa, good work station, and a nice flat screen TV. My room was very quiet and I enjoyed a wonderful sleep.

The downside was no access to the wireless internet using my VPN laptop. Crazy… it works at any Starbucks! Another downer is there’s no fitness centre. They gave me a certificate to the Langley Rec Centre which the front desk person said is “just across the street”. Ummm, try about 4 kilometers away!

The breakfast at Moxie’s (attached) was good, reasonably priced and the atmosphere was upscale.

I hope to stay here again. Maybe by then the wireless and the fitness centre issues will be resolved.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does NOT face the 401 Highway
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Maestro
Chilliwack, Canada
Reviewed 8 November 2011

We stayed for night and had a King sized bed and a couch. Very classy modern decor. The bed was comfy but the pillows were too big for me. I asked for feather pillows but they do not have them. I will have to bring my own next time.
We brought our dog and they had a bag of treats for her.
We went for dinner at Moxies and had a great time. The food was great. We ordered breakfast from there the next morning and it was also very good.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple