“Been staying there for years!”
Review of Sun Beach Motel

Sun Beach Motel
Ranked #22 of 26 Hotels in Osoyoos
“Been staying there for years!”
Reviewed 11 June 2010

Been staying there for years. In reality it is the only south facing hotel in osoyoos. All the others face north away from
the sin and into the prevailing winds (other than the safari which faces east).

We spend most of the time on our boat or on the patio. Beachfront is repective to water levels which are higher early inthe season. Lots of shade and sun depending on what you like. Parties are
not the
norm. Sandra (the friendly owner) lives next door on the lake and would herself be annoyed at late night parties so try are notthe norm (certainly no music). Maybe be the odd group who stay up later chatting.

Locals are actually very friendly. We used a local waterski/wake board school who were very helpful teaching us to wakesurf and improving wakeboarding. They also are very knowledgeable about the town for your interests. I think they have a website and are called "above the board". Actually it was the motel who put us on to the service.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Delta, Canada
Reviewed 9 June 2010

My wife and I stayed in one of the suites facing the lake during the Canada Day long weekend and had a great time. Management had a free BBQ dinner on the patio which included free wine and beer. It is a short walk to the shopping centre and we sat on the beach and watched the fireworks. Our suite had a full kitchen, bedroom and living room with an extra bed and hide-a-bed so you could sleep 6 if necessary. Staff were very friendly and helpful and since it was part of our honeymoon, the privacy was good for the rooms at the back facing the lake, which I recommend. You have a private little beach and dock as well. The fruit orchards and vineyards are only minutes away. Good value here! Richard from Vancouver.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Surrey
Reviewed 18 September 2009

We booked here for a little getaway for the family for three days. I read some of the reviews after and wrote an e-mail to the Motel owner voicing my concerns and she was very nice and assured me that it was not bad like people were suggesting. We decided to go ahead and keep the reservations and give them a chance. I am so glad we did, we had a fabulous time. The room we had was called a sleeper room, it was small but suited our needs. The room was very clean with fresh linens and towels every day, it was air conditioned and overlooked the lake. A few steps down and you were on a huge patio area where you are welcome to use the bbq facilities or lounge in one of the deck chairs. Just down from that is a little bit of a beach right off the lake, my kids enjoyed themselves by jumping off the dock into the water. The owner is a friendly lady named Sandra who was there whenever we needed anything. It was quiet and we made the best of the short time we had there. Sandra showed us around to the renovated suites that she had completed, for an older motel these rooms are top notch and we will stay there next year again, this time for the whole week!! I suggest before you listen to any of these reviews, you judge for yourself, you never know if you are giving up a little piece of paradise!!

Thanks to Sandra for making our time very enjoyable!! See you next year too Sue!!

J, K, L & J

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
hope
Reviewed 8 April 2008

Me and a friend stayed two nights for a funeral and I didn't see a problem with the place, nice deck, dock, and friendly management.

• Liked — friendly staff
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
powell river
Reviewed 11 September 2007

We booked our trip ahead of time thinking we were getting a good deal on the water. Just a thought. The hotel is very run down and old but hey, we thought this was okay since we were right on the water. The partying starts at 3:00 afternoon and goes until 3:00 am. Now if you don't have kids this might be okay, but we had two small kids. The noise is unavoidable. It doesn't matter which room you will stay. Partying all night long including the staff. How nice!! I guess complaints would have to wait. I felt like I was in the worst part of town. This hotel is not nice especially after my expensive sunglasses disappeared frommy room, and when I complained, the owner got back to me 1 month later withan apology. That is all I got was an apology, but even if she would have offered free nights I would never go there again. I would rather pay double and stay somewhere more pleasant.

Stayed July 2007

Travellers are raving about these Osoyoos hotels