“Nice Dinner on the Patio”
Review of JOEY Coquitlam

JOEY Coquitlam
Ranked #2 of 334 Restaurants in Coquitlam
Price range: USD 8 - USD 24
Cuisines: Canadian, Grill
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Secluded hide-out of a patio elevated lounge, one intimate fireside dining room and another sociable one. Semi-open kitchen and a good time had by all.
Reviewed 22 August 2017

My wife and I went to Joey Coquitlam for dinner. It had been quite a while since we had eaten there before so since it was a nice day we thought we would check it out again.

Upon arrival we were warmly greeted by the host and hostess. We decided so sit outside and the host kindly cleared off a booth table and we sat down and relaxed with a drink. Happy Hour runs until 6pm.

We shared the lettuce wraps and Bombay flat bread, both were quite nice. For the main I had the steak and sushi. There was a good portion of steak (6oz) and a nice selection of sushi. The service was friendly and efficient. One item of note was that as we left through the restaurant the ambient noise was quite loud. It was busy and I'm not sure if it would have been the same experience if we were seated inside. Overall it was a very nice dinner and I will certainly drop by again.

Management T, General Manager at JOEY Coquitlam, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

Hello,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I was happy to read you enjoyed the food and service from beginning to end. I will ensure your feedback about the noise is noted. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Come here for dinner. I had the ravioli with lobster sauce. It was soooo good! Filling too! My mom got just a side of rice with some curry sauce on the side. She found it too spicy for her but she ate it all anyway so the flavours must have been on point! She did mention to the waitress that it was one of the best curry sauces she has tasted. Staff was great. We sat outside. Their patio is quite lovely.

Hello Bobbi,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I was happy to read you enjoyed the patio along with the food and service. If you think of anything that could have elevated your experience further please do not hesitate to reach out to me at fschubert@joeyrestaurants.com.

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Had some gift cards to Joey's so we chose the Coquitlam location as it's only across the bridge from where we live.

No reservations for a Thursday night in August. Arrived around 5:45pm & had the option of a table or booth on the patio.
Chose the booth as it meant the sun wasn't in our eyes & we wouldn't need sunglasses.
Service was efficient & pleasant from all staff we interacted with.

Happy hour was ending in 15 minutes so we were able to take advantage of half price sangria & beer. Sangria was nice & not too sweet either.

Starters we shared were the shrimp lettuce wraps & the Bombay chicken flatbread. Both perfect portions for sharing & had nice flavours/spices.

Our mains were the steak & sushi combo for my hubby & I had the fish tacos without the cheese. Steak was approx 6oz served in a light ponzu sauce with six sushi rolls topped with tuna & salmon. There were 3 tacos which was enough since we had shared 2 appetizers but maybe a small salad or greens on the side would been good if it's all you're ordering.

Dessert was tempting....chocolate molten cake or the individual apple pie w/ maple ice cream....but the bread in the flat bread & the white corn tortillas left no room. Next time!

Overall a good experience.

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a detailed description of your last experience. I was happy to read you enjoyed food and service throughout your entire visit. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me personally at anytime if you think of anything that could have elevated your experience from a good one, to a great one. My email is fschubert@joeyrestaurants.com.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

Once again the service at Joey's was terrific. Do you have to be a thin pretty female to be hired by this site as all the wait staff were female, slim and attractive? To where did all the male waiters disappear? My son and daughter in law found delicious vegan choices, although the lettuce wraps could have used more veggies and less noodles. I had the mushroom pasta which was cooked perfectly and the sauce was delish. They put my dessert on a tray with Happy Birthday written in raspberry coulis and a candle. Nice thoughtful touch. We'll be back of course.

1  Thank sheila m

Hello Sheila,

I was happy to read that you and your family found a variety of options that fit your dining expectation and needs. Thank you for picking us to celebrate your special day.

The feedback on the food has been noted. We look forward to hosting you in the future.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Party of 8. Good service. Steak and prawns and lobster ravioli were good.
Have been there in the past and also received good service and food.

Management T, General Manager at JOEY Coquitlam, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Hello Sharon,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us on Trip Advisor. I am happy you enjoyed the food and service. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best,