“Home Cooking at its Best”
Review of Kefi Greek Kouzina

Kefi Greek Kouzina
Ranked #51 of 347 Restaurants in Coquitlam
Price range: USD 7 - USD 18
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Serve Greek food, all made from scratch in the house.
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

I enjoy coming here for basic home cooked food. Since it’s home cooking at its best, the wait is worth it. I always have the vegetarian moussaka layered with eggplant, potato, and zucchini and smothered in tomato and béchamel sauce. The entrée comes with beans topped with crunchy almonds. It’s flavourful as I can taste all the ingredients. The other entrée we ordered was the roast lamb. Even though I am not a fan of lamb, it looked yummy. It is a big portion that is slow cooked to perfection – falls off the bone. It came with roasted potatoes. The entrees come with tzatziki and warm pita bread along with Greek salad.

There’s a good selection of meat (chicken, beef, lamb), seafood and vegetarian. They are accommodating if you have a specific request.

The desserts are to die for. We had to pass this time as we were off to see a movie. The theatres are about 10 minutes walk. Only a 5-minute drive off the Lougheed Hwy or not more than 15 minutes off Hwy #1. A great place to eat other than the standard food venues.

Service was prompt. My entrée came out slightly on the warm side and it was not a challenge heating it up. Nice ambience.

There’s complimentary parking right outside and it’s wheelchair accessible. My favourite place to go when I’m in the neighbourhood.

Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

After an absence too long from Keri,s we went as a family to celebrate my birthday. Two toddlers in tow we arrived and greeted friendly and warmly. Great table already set for the infants. Our server Jessica was so attentive and a bit with the two year old. Recognizing kids have a short attention she promptly took her order and served right away. Our appies and meals were great followed by a surprise birthday treat for me from the owners.

Reviewed 19 December 2017

We went to Kefi Greek Kouzina on a whim since it was nearby where we were shopping. The atmosphere was very inviting, all the servers and hostesses were very welcoming and friendly and the food was fantastic! I had the vegetarian mousakka which was beyond delicious and my friend had grilled kalamari which was very tasty too. All at a great price and friendly service. Will be back.....and I don't even live in Coquitlam!

Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

Food and service ok, however, my wife’s Kotopita was slightly burnt. Also, we had a $10 coupon that read on the front “valid with any purchase of $40 or more”. However, we were advised that the purchase of alcohol did not count, hence they did not honour the coupon.

Oh well, you just lost a customer, we will not return...

Reviewed 2 November 2017

This is a great place for lunch, maybe dinner too. For the Monday to Friday lunch special one of the choices is Keftedes which r sort of like beef and lamb patties and they are delicious. It comes with soup, truly yummy rice and a great Greek salad plus of course pita bread for about ten dollars. The lentil soup is the best. I know the chicken souvlaki and the roast lamb dishes r great too but the Keftedes r my favourite.
There is a good reasonable wine list and service is always prompt.
The dining room is spacious , the table settings r elegant and the decor is a welcome change from the usual blue and white. In summer u can sit outside under the vine covered pergola although it is near the Lougheed Highway and can be noisy.