“Best Huevos Rancheros!”
Review of Blvd Bistro

Blvd Bistro
Ranked #14 of 427 Restaurants in North Vancouver
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

When a girlfriend asked me to meet her for breakfast at the Boulevard Bistro I was rather surprised because I've only had lunch & dinner there before, and didn't realize that they also serve breakfast. I'm very fond of eggs, so chose the Huevos Rancheros. I last had this tasty Mexican breakfast dish in a beautiful restaurant in Monterey, California with a view of sea otters & kelp beds. Well, there were no sea otters, but the Huevos Rancheros was every bit as good, maybe even better than what I had in Monterey!
I will go back & will take photos next time!

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

We found both the food and the service to be lacklustre. Huevos Rancheros was half potatoes (?) and bland - just because you put something on corn tortillas doesn’t make it that dish). One of our party was celiac requiring gluten-free and despite a menu, also shown online, that advertises many dishes as such, their server came back with “the chef says we’re actually only gluten friendly” - what’s the point of having GF bread if you don’t have a separate toaster (how difficult is that?)

Service to match, refills seemed to take forever. Noise level almost intolerable in the concrete box that makes up the restaurant - I guess it’s cool to have your dish area open to the dining room but someone in there must have been having a bad day given how loud the crashing of dishes was, it resonated throughout the place and was really off-putting.

Unlikely to go back.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

Great local spot, deceptively tucked away in a small strip mall. They’ve recently expanded to the space next door but there was still a line up, so be prepared to wait, but worth hanging around for and you can grab coffee next door to pass the time.

Best brunch I’ve had for a while, I had the eggs benny with bacon and tomato (served on a potato base vs muffin) which came with hash browns and great hollandaise and my husband had the steak hash which looked delicious (he said it was!).

Nice selection of dishes, everything that we saw looked fresh and generous portions. The staff were very friendly and welcoming and the place has a nice local ambience. It sounds like they are hoping to open in the evenings soon... we will be back!!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 10 July 2018

Delicious brunch dishes. Tiny perfect bistro, with lovely staff, but be prepared to wait for a table on weekends. The word is out.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

Video review on youtube: vancity food crew blvd bistro
I went here with some friends because I booked the day off so we could go to Honey's doughnuts. We went here for brunch first, as my friend likes it. I had the Blackstone Benny, on their signature potato bread base instead of the usual english muffin. I didn't particularly like it as it was dry and the small amount of hollandaise sauce given doesn't help. My friends ordered the Huevos Rancheros and Breakfast Burrito, I had some of both and they were standard. The same goes for the french toast and pancakes we ordered. I felt everything was on the more expensive side. The food was fine but it wasn't amazing. $16 for french toast is kind of steep. I don't live in North Vancouver but if I had the opportunity to go again I would probably want to check out other places instead since we tried this place already.

Date of visit: March 2018