All reviews friendly dogs mini house lonsdale quay other guests sea bus patio doors downtown vancouver lovely home minute walk breakfast was delicious grouse mountain margaret toffee harbour seabus bnb ferry
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights in mid June. We arrived later than expected due to delays and Margaret could not have been more helpful.
The room, advertised as deluxe, was beautifully comfortable and spacious and interestingly appointed. Mirrors feature quite highly which made it light and fun, especially considering the beautiful full length windows/patio doors but I'm still a little unsure about the fridge, tea and coffee being in the en suite! However the huge bed was amongst the most comfortable ever and to have a balcony (shared) to enjoy the gorgeous view of the harbour was an added bonus. The view at night especially was mesmerising, there's a little industrial noise audible but it really doesn't disturb and the residential street is very quiet.
Breakfast was delicious and, in true guest house style, is home cooked and enjoyed with the company of Margaret (and her 2 lovely dogs and many stories) and other guests. A little more flexible hours for breakfast would have been nice but as she does it all herself it's not unreasonable to want it sorted in good time to get the rooms cleaned and changed later.
Location is very good, it's 20 minutes walk to the seabus across to Vancouver Waterfront and all it's attractions. This means that affordable accommodation with fantastic views is close to where you want to be. Views like these on the waterfront itself would be much more expensive. You're also brilliantly placed for Grouse mountain etc. All in all, a lovely place to stay.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Margaret knows what having a first class B&B is all about. The property is as exquisite as Margaret herself is friendly and helpful. An excellent breakfast, great location and free on site parking are all part of the winning combination. Don't hesitate for a moment to stay here.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

This place is stunning! Margaret, the owner is a delight...the personification of hospitality. The breakfasts are delicious. I would definitely stay here again. Just a short walk to the SeaBus that takes you to downtown Vancouver. You can go by taxi for a few dollars. Highly recommended.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Margaret012, Owner at Ocean Breeze Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2017

Dear Olivia; Thank you so much for making Canada Day Celebrations ( 150 Years ) even ore special by receiving such a warm review ; this makes me feel work even harder and deliver to my Guests only the best !
Tonight we are going to watch fireworks from our balcony upstairs with glass of wine and smoked salmon appetizers , to bad you can't be here ;
Warm Regards , Margaret

Reviewed 8 June 2017

Although this place is only perhaps 1-2 kilometers from the main downtown harbourfront area, there is no big flashing neon light outside and you could drive right past it without realizing it is there.

I trade stocks for a living and for me it was very important that the property I stay at have CNBC (cable channel 143 on Shaw). In fact, I went to about six other places in all price ranges only to find that none of them had CNBC available. I was ready to give up on finding a place that had CNBC when I was referred to Ocean Breeze by a fancy hotel that was sold out.

Needless to say I was very pleased with the place once I saw it. The owner, Margaret, was a very pleasant lady and easy to talk with. Her breakfasts that she made were delicious. She had two friendly dogs that were both very well behaved. Although my room didn't have a view of the downtown harbourfront area, there was at least one other room (maybe more) that had wonderful views.

Margaret has a place that is wonderfully decorated with antiques and miscellaneous items that made me feel very comfortable during my 3-day stay. Also, the bed was very, very comfortable. I'm a world traveler and have also been to all 50 states in the United States. Very seldom have I found a bed on par with the one at Ocean Breeze.

In summary, this was a great place that I would highly recommend to others staying in the Vancouver area.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 June 2017

Margaret, the owner, has taken her home and renovated it into a B & B. The home is very clean and the breakfasts are wonderful. She is very knowledgeable of the area and gave us great trip suggestions. We were most disappointed at the number of steep steps to access her home. There are about 20 steps in the front and 12 in the back. My husband and I had a difficult time getting our luggage in the home. She has 2 house dogs that stayed in the kitchen area. We never saw them in the bedrooms. The blinds in our bedroom were frail and falling apart. We had to work with them to keep closed. We felt that the owner was a little deceptive concerning the posted pictures on the website as they do not show any steps. If we had know about them, we would not have stayed in the B & B as we've both had joint replacements.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Margaret012, Director of Sales at Ocean Breeze Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2017

Dear Leslie ; Sorry for your knee problems ; please keep it in mind that most B&B's which have views of the Harbour or the City have stairs ; in the back entrance we have 6 stairs down and you are right on the property on 1 flat level ; then you have 4 steps up the the entrance door ; we do have rooms on the main floor for example " Romantica suite " however if you like to have spectacular views of Vancouver Harbour you need to go to either first or second floor ;
Maybe in the future will be wiser to stay in the motel or hotel with elevator ?
Was nice meeting you both ;
Warm Regards , Margaret