“Great special rolls”

Sushi Nami Fusion Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #109 of 426 Restaurants in North Vancouver
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 6 February 2017 via mobile

My friend recommended this restaurant to me before and I always wanted to try here.

Four of us tried some special rolls because there were more than 30 of special rolls (I assume), with the pictures and descriptions.

We have ordered Dragon R roll, Gamigaze Roll, and Crunchy Roll.

It is a Fusion Japanese restaurant run by Korean. Korean chef are infamous for creating special rolls like these. They were really tasty.

We didn't have so much time to try appetizers and some dishes from the kitchen, so we ordered some rolls but their mango sauce were amazing!!! They tend to use this mango sauce and balsamic sauce in many rolls. I'm not too keen on balsamic sauce on Sushi in general but their sauce was creating good harmony and tasted really well.

However, the prices are high compared regular Japanese restaurants. My friend ordered Negitiro roll and it costed about $5 itself. Dragon R roll was my favorite but one roll of this costs $13.00.

Some of the appetizers looked really good too. I want to come back here on special occasions to try more Sushi and other dishes.

Out of 5 stars;

Service: 3.5
Price: 2.5
Total: 3.6

Reviewed 19 October 2016

The server promptly greeted me and my cousin as we entered the restaurant. It was a Tuesday evening, and not busy which worked in our favour as we sat beside the window that overlooked English Bay at sunset. The server explained to us what they were most known for making and that the Chef has won gold stars in food competitions. This intrigued us both. We both ordered our usual; Salmon/Tuna Sashimi, Dynamite Roll, Wakame Salad and Miso Soup and were pleased with the prompt service, although not too impressed with the presentation and size of the proportions of food. Needless to say, the price was reasonable. I would return to Sushi Nami Fusion to give it another go and try a different dish.

Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

Whenever I have friends visiting, I always invite them to Sushi Nami. The food is excellent, everything tastes so fresh, and the staff are police and friendly. I've been going for years and I've never had a problem.
I can not recommend enough.

Reviewed 25 June 2016

My husband and a friend of ours tried the new Sushi Nami on Denman Street last night and what a wonderful experience! They are really proud of their Gold Medal winning Chef and he more than proves his worth. The food is delicious and very flavourful. Going back to try one of their bento boxes at lunch time

Reviewed 24 June 2016

This place serves the best sushi I've ever had. Normally the fusion fad is annoying but Nami has perfected the concept. They also have the traditional items you'd expect in a sushi restaurant but I'd recommend trying one of their specialty rolls.
The atmosphere of the restaurant is nice and it is well decorated. The staff are great and attentive.
A recent visit consisted of a group of four people and we had more than enough to eat plus several carafes of sake and the bill was just under $100. which was very reasonable considering the quality of the food.
It is a place to go back to again and again and well worth a visit.