All reviews denny's restaurant stanley park downtown vancouver north shore convenient location proximity ferry highway
Reviewed 10 August 2018

Nice enough hotel on the North Side of Vancouver. About a 20 dollar taxi trip to get to the Market at Lonsdale Quay. Staff is helpful and the rooms are large with a fridge and microwave, iron and hair dryer. Good value for the price on weekdays, weekends it is too expensive.

Room Tip: The wifi can be spotty if you need internet make sure you have enough data to tether.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

First, we were greeted by a person who insisted I couldn’t be right about having just called in for a reservation because she didn’t have my number on her caller ID. Turns out the person who took my reservation misspelled our name. Then you have the management 2018 photos which I based my choice. They are not what this place looks like today. Our room was all white and very drab, with very worn out mattresses. (Look at the customer pictures dated 2007-2008 for a more realistic idea of this place.) The bathroom barely has enough room to turn around, with a much narrower shower stall. Yes it was clean, just very old and worn. It smelled like layers of air freshener to mask its age. The noisy construction outside our window made for a very early wake up call. Definitely not worth the overcharged price they insisted upon. Unfortunately we were desperate to stay on this side of Vancouver, which is the only reason we stayed at this facility. I believe they charged us this ridiculous price because they knew we were late in booking something. I picked a chain named motel (and Wyndham owned) over the local which was a huge mistake. The neighboring local motel looked so much nicer and was priced much cheaper.
Truly, I let the disappointment of this motel ruin the beginning of each day and did everything not to return to it until time to go directly to sleep. The only good thing about it was the location. Even then, I’d never stay here again, nor do I recommend it.
I feel bad writing such a harsh review, but it warrants it.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2018

Overall it is good. A bit of misunderstanding on the booking in the beginning but was resolved. Great location and friendly employees. Room was comfortable. It is okay breakfast not provided. Denny's is just right beside the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

Easy accommodation at a reasonable price. Located in north Vancouver it's super easy to reach downtown with public transportation ( stop at 150m)
My Room was clean, bed in good conditions, equipped with fridge, ,microwave and iron.
If hungry dennys close door is opened 24/24.
At the front desk, during the day a super nice receptionist helped me organizing my tour with public transport!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank 599ceciliac
Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

Friendly staff. Affordable for the average traveler. Denny’s restaurant is next door excellent food . Minutes from shopping and close to Stanley park. 10 min cab ride to get to downtown Vancouver to catch the tramway to the airport or to catch the cruise ship.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple