“Inexpensive and very clean”

Mui Garden Restaurant
Ranked #54 of 959 Restaurants in Richmond
Neighbourhood: City Centre
Neighbourhood: City Centre
Reviewed 15 August 2017

Went for a quick dinner on a Sunday night. It was packed with a Chinese families. We were the only non Chinese eating there. Their house chowmein was delicious. The menu was a bit unusual with Western and Indian food. Great casual place.

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

This our third visit here, very consistent good food.
Plenty of parking on the roof, which is a rarely here in Richmond. The atmosphere is average, the decor is very plain but the food and service is great. So as long as your not trying to impress anyone it's a great choice for Chinese food in a sea of Chinese restaurants.
They have great curry dishes and I highly recommend their spicy fried beans.
Pricing is average to high, but the quality is pretty good.

Reviewed 5 June 2017

I used to come to Richmond a lot, but that was 7-8 years ago, and the neighborhood changed. The Korean restaurant I was looking forward to, as well as the entire Korean enclave around it. Now, it's deeply a Chinese area. So, with the spirit of "when in Chinatown" I looked for a place that aid they do take out near the Vancouver Airport Marriott. This place is just across the street. When I went in the place was full of customers, but that was OK, takeout was what I had in mind. The staff helped me with the menu I had a superb Sweet & Sour Pork. I wanted rice with it, so she suggested the smaller pre-fixe version. If this was the small portion, I'm glad I didn't do the bigger one. The small portion was plenty for both my wife and I, there was still some leftover. My experience as a takeout customer was excellent. I think I'm glad I did not dine in. The staff seemed overwhelmed keeping up with all the tables. For takeout, the dinner was a steal at around $13.

Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

Terrible service, we ordered 3 dishes and by the time we had eaten 2 of them realized our 3rd dish was not coming. No one ever came back to check on us. I flagged down a waitress and she said "sorry" then took off. Time to leave and after a long wait I had to go to the reception desk and ask for a bill. They don't bring a teapot like other restaurants but just pour a small cup for each person with the menus. My wife likes lots of refills but hard to do with no teapot. The food was good but pricey. $16 for a serving of chicken wings? The waitress spoke to my Asian wife in Chinese which She doesn't speak . The restaurant only accepts cash and Canadian debit cards so I could not use my American credit card forcing me to use my limited amount of Canadian cash. Overall good food but terrible service and high prices.

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

I have been a long term customer since the early 90s at the Main Street branch. I just came back this may and wanted to try this location. I ordered 2 hainanese chicken rice and the lady who took the order told us "that's it"? And I hesitated and said yes that's it. What's wrong with ordering 2 for 2 people. Anyways, so the Oder only came 1. We asked another waitress to help check and the first waitress gave us a nasty look and said we only ordered 1. Not only did she not apologise.

Beside the bad service, the food sucks. I didn't even have a proper piece of chicken. It didn't have much meat. I wouldn't recommend coming here again and waste my time.