“Best Calzone in the Lower Mainland!”
Review of Italian Tomato

Italian Tomato
Ranked #17 of 948 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: USD 0 - USD 20
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 13 July 2015

I've ordered other things from Italian Tomato - all delicious, home-cooked, fresh, with large portions. But my favourite is their calzones! I've been to Italy on many occasion and the ones made at Italian Tomato rival those from that country, which is a huge compiment!

1  Thank Yvette11

Reviewed 13 July 2015

We ate here because it was the only restaurant within a short walking distance from our hotel. The service was good. The portions were rather large. One of us like our choice; the other was ambivalent. The prices were reasonable. We would return only if we happened to be staying at the same hotel (an unlikely event).

Reviewed 10 July 2015

If it wasn't for a friend I wouldn't have gone to this hidden restaurant. Located in an inconvenient corner of a big intersection.
Inside the decor and music feels homey and italian (north american italian).
Their thin crust pizzas are very good (I still prefer Steveston Pizza), but these guys do traditional recipes. So in this category I must say they are the best traditional pizza in Richmond.

Pasta portions are massive. So don't worry if you only order 1 pasta dish (regular size) for 2 or 3 adults (unless you eat like a pig). My partner had a half size pasta. I had a thin crust pizza (quattro fromagio) and a salad to share. Too much food we took home the left overs.

In conclusion, if you need carbohydrates and you are hungry go to this restaurant.

I didn't give this restaurant a 5 Star, because what it misses is the WOW factor. But other than that I can say I have to go back there again.

Reviewed 8 July 2015 via mobile

Came in and saw signs of delivery but won't even deliver to no 2 and Granville... Not happy with over phone services.

Reviewed 4 July 2015

We chose this restaurant upon recommendation of the desk clerk at the nearby Hampton Inn - Vancouver airport. After spending a week in Kelowna, B.C. we were returning to the States, via an early morning flight the next day. We had returned the rental car and were looking for a place to eat within walking distance of the hotel. Italian Tomato is located in an unattractive, industrialized neighborhood. The outside of the building is somewhat inviting, due to the lovely hanging flower baskets surrounding the patio. The inside of the restaurant is charming, and the food is WONDERFUL. We enjoyed huge portions of pasta (mine was gluten-free with fresh tomatoes, olives and cheese in a white wine sauce - YUM) Additionally there was an excellent wine list and full bar. We don't know when we will be back to Vancouver, but would definitely recommend this place.