“Great place for a good fresh lunch or dinner”

Afghan Chopan Bakery & Diner
Ranked #130 of 1,018 Restaurants in Richmond
Reviewed 22 July 2018

I love their specials. I eat their about thrice every week and I've never been disappointed. Must visit.

Reviewed 11 February 2018

My husband and I have been past many times but our first visit tonight definitely impressed me. We split a veggie combo plus some appetizers and chai. Filling, delicious, and good value. We'll be back for sure!

Reviewed 17 August 2017

Ok so I travel a lot and i have tried middle eastern food in many places. I came to this place after reading the positive reviews. On my 1st visit i ordered the beef BBQ combo.The food looks great, but when you jump in..surprise surprise, No flavours what so ever.

I thought it was one of those days in the kitchen so gave it another try this time chicken combo. Oh man Starting with the salad, the chicken itself and the rice...all bland.

This looked like a family business and i do not usually write bad reviews for such business unless if its really bad.

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Not many Afghan restaurants in Vancouver so when friend told me there was one in Richmond, I had to go there. 6 of us went for lunch in their restaurant in the Richmond Public Market. Seems owners also have a smaller take out place in another location. We ordered the family platter, dough drink, and the ferny for dessert. The food potions were substantial and was so good we ate every morsel. The ferny, a milk pudding, was to die for. The dough, a yoghurt with cucumber drink, was very refreshing and should go well with the qabuli and grilled meat platters, but it was made so salty we had to dilute it with the ice water on the table to make it more palatable. One we did that, it was perfect. The qabuli was very authentic, memories of Afghanistan and Pakistan, and the chicken was amazingly flavourful and moist. Too bad it is not located in Vancouver or I would be eating here constantly.

Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

Read the positive reviews on Trip Advisor. I was the first customer when it opened at noon. Since I wanted to try, I ordered the lunch specials, one roasted chicken, one lamp and one beef tenderloin on the a la carte menu and extra naan for take out.
It took me more than 30 minutes to wait and there were just 3 customers after I came in.
The meats all looked burned and very dark color, but the taste is quite good. The naan was very disappointing. Very dry so I hardly ate it.
Probably it was because there's only one staff working. I will try again but go to the other branch and eat there instead of taking away.