All reviews safari room the main house royal suite b bs every evening coddled eggs the steveston seafood house homemade preserves gracious hosts great enthusiasm stocked fridge whirlpool tub sitting room other guests breakfast was excellent little things stay there again
Reviewed 20 March 2018

I have stayed at this B&B twice, for two days last year and now four days this year. Last year he struck me as kind, knowledgeable and concerned that the people who stay with him get the vacations they are looking for. This year his hospitality has really shown through. Brian is the main person you will interact with at Stone Hedge, and he is full on interesting information about the current state of affairs in Richmond, the Vancouver area, Canada and in general the enter west coast. You will get interesting bits of history, local information and things to do.

BUT, where he really shines is his desire to take care of his guests!! He turns down your bed every night, makes sure you have breakfast at the hour you want (his wife is brilliant at breakfast - and so much food!!), and just in general makes sure what you want and need are available. I stayed three nights, then went into Vancouver, and came back one night. He remembers I like coffee first thing in the morning, so he filled the coffee maker, and I had to do was push the button. There is always something to drink in the fridge and a good variety of tea, coffee and coco at all times.

The rooms are very comfortable, very clean, and there is the best whirlpool tub with tons of hot hot water!! My friend and I were here alone this time, so he let us split up into different rooms, which for me, a light sleeper, was lovely! If you go in the summer, there is a charming pool with a delightful patio area. Since I was here early spring, I watched the mallard ducks migrate through the pool, which was nice.

Brian will pick you up at the airport, take you to the main train station, and take you to Enterprise. With every trip, you will get a bottle of water for the road, he will load your bags and open the door for you. I know these seem like little things, but for a traveler who tends to consider price over convince, staying at Stone Hedge is just lovely!

And, if you are a movie fan, he is very close to where the filmed Once Upon a Time (Steveston). If you are not a Once fan, Steveston has really cool historic cannery to tour and delightful bay/mountain vistas!!

Stone Hedge, a great place to stay!!!

Room Tip: Each room is very unique, the listings will describe them well.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Trish K
Reviewed 12 November 2017

Our experience recently could not have been better. Brian and Linda were great in making our stay memorable. Very nice room, excellent breakfast with wonderful homemade jams.
Being picked up and dropped off a the airport was a real bonus for us as we were heading to Europe and wanted to leave our car at the B&B for the duration.
We will definitely recommend Stone Hedge B&B

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2017

The Safari room is a cosy, comfortable garden/poolside retreat with the most completely stocked fridge and tea/coffee facilities you could wish for. Linda prepares breakfast specialities which Brian related can stretch to almost 2 weeks before repeats start ; coddled eggs seem to be a speciality - prepared using cream too. This location is literally minutes from the airport which was a prime motivation for our choice and I was apprehensive about noise so , for the benefit of others with similar fears, let me say that there wasn't a sound to be heard during our stay. Moreover, our flight was delayed so Brian immediately stepped in with the perfect solution to visit the old cannery museum nearby. Linda had already tipped us off about the excellent Steveston Seafood Restaurant close by for an evening meal. If you have a car, Stone Hedge is also a good base for visiting Vancouver if you don't want to be in a busy city.

Room Tip: Safari Room
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

I stayed in the Safari room, a separate cabana by the pool that featured a gas fireplace, coffee/tea, soft drinks, and snacks. The mini fridge was a nice touch. I liked the stone floors and walk in shower. Brian was so helpful with bags and he provided a ride to the Vancouver airport. I called ahead due to special dietary needs and Linda had gluten free breads and made some other menu adjustments for me! Breakfast was huge and so good! They served coddled eggs, bacon, bread, juice, fruit/yogurt parfait, coffee or tea. Breakfast mates also had croissants and muffins. Brian was a very chatty, outgoing host with both local and wide-spanning knowledge. I would gladly stay again!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 August 2017

This B&B is in a good location with restaurants nearby. Our room was verycozywith nice decor and comfortable beds. There was a tea and coffee making facility in the hallway. We were served cake in the afternoon, a very nice touch. Breakfast was wonderful, all homemade. Transportation to the airport was provided by Brian and much appreciated.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends