“Best sushi ever!”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

My young adult sons choose Mega Sushi for their birthday dinner. I'd never been and I'm just so so about sushi anyway.
We had an 8 o'clock reservation. The earliest available at this tiny little spot.
We arrived to a packed restaurant. Service was friendly and attentive.
The food! Was amazing.
The price for 5 adults was under $120
We were all full and even had a little sushi left for lunch the next day.
Recommend! !

Reviewed 19 August 2016 via mobile

After a nice holiday, I really craved some Mega Sushi. I went for a visit with my close friends and the service was wonderful. Maybe it's because of the lovely weather but the servers were so nice and helpful. The Sushi Boat had lots of fresh, delicious nigiri and the Big Boss Roll reminded me why I love Mega Sushi so much! I also had the Korean Chirashi don again and it was by far the best spicy chirashi don I've ever tasted. Perfect hot sauce, plenty of fish, lettuce, and sesame oil. I'm so glad to be back!

Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

It's an usual place that I visit. I like their prawn tempura and cherry blossom roll. Menu update once in awhile. There are special at times at discounted price. Best if you make reservation beforehand. People are very friendly.

Reviewed 28 July 2016

We go here when we can afford to wait and it is always worth it . Very very popular amongst young people with sophisticated taste in a huge and fabulous sushi market . The food is top of the line . We split veg tempura , Steveston Roll , Big Boss Roll and Gorillia Bites . All wonderful . Inventive recipes artfully prepared with fresh , high quality ingredients . Room is crowded . Prices and service are fine . To repeat ; the big draw is the food .

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 22 July 2016

We invited 2 friends to a casual dinner in one of the most popular Mega Sushi restaurants in Steveston Village. Even though dinner was early at 6 pm, it was still a good idea to book in advance as there were people lining up to get in when we arrived. We started with oyster tempura, followed by crunchy crispy roll, rainbow roll, assorted sushi but my favourite was the fusion Mega Sishi Tower. It was a 3-decker dish with the top level a mixture of sashimi, second level crab meat and avocado, and the lowest level a toss salad with a Japanese style dressing. We ordered a few more rolls to wrap up our meal. We should order a salmon sashimi next time as we saw the next table enjoying their thick, plump slices of salmon with relish. Service was efficient and courteous.

Date of visit: July 2016