“Great breakfast!”

Cora
Ranked #55 of 1,008 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 24 February 2018

It is a chain, but it is an exceptional one. Come here for breakfast with the Kids and family! Yummy!

Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

Went in just before noon. Packed out the door. We were told told 15 minutes but ended up at about 30. Great food all round. Loaded with fresh fruit. They forgot the toast which took a bit of time to come out after the order had arrived. Good service. Great quality meal.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

We usually go to early bird before 8am with cheaper meal and free coffee. The new waitress added the charges on the coffee by accident and apologized. The manager came to our desk and gave us the free voucher of the coffee as an apology. Great services!

Reviewed 6 November 2017

After visiting a few different Cora locations, I think it’s fair to say that this eatery is my favourite place to have breakfast. The décor is always bright and uplifting; the staff are always friendly and warm; I love the sun logo (it really does bring a smile to your face); and the food is always of very high quality. Sure, the food might take a little bit longer to arrive at your table and it might cost more than McDonald’s or even iHOP, but you’re paying for a quality product. When it comes to food – and especially the most important meal of the day – I’m willing to wait a couple of extra minutes and pay a bit more. After all, where else can you get beautifully presented fresh fruit with your meal?

In any event, my partner and I visited this Cora location while staying in Richmond over a weekend. It was conveniently just minutes away from our hotel. When we arrived mid-morning the place was packed, just like the other Cora restaurants we’d been to, with a line starting to form just outside the door. Thankfully, despite the long line, we only had to wait literally like two minutes because one of the servers called out, “any parties of 2?” We immediately stuck up our hands and were promptly seated. I decided to try something different and ordered the “Raspberries 4 Lucie” while my partner ordered the classic eggs benny with tomato and bacon. When the food arrived, it was of the quality I’ve come to expect from Cora: simple but nice presentation; excellent taste; and a plate of beautifully cut fresh fruit. The “Raspberries 4 Lucie” was quite fun: a nice crepe filled with raspberries and a tasty blend of custard, cream cheese and honey, drizzled with raspberry sauce and all laid on a bed of English cream. Delicious! The crepe was light while the filing was smooth, creamy and refreshing. In fact, I’d even go so far as to say that this dish has become my personal Cora favourite. And, as usual, my partner noted that her eggs benny and its accompanying hollandaise sauce was superb.

FOOD: 4.5/5
SERVICE: 5/5
VALUE: 5/5
RECOMMENDATION: As with every Cora restaurant we’ve visited thus far, we left this location very satisfied – a great way to start the day! The menu is diverse but not overwhelming; the interior décor is bright and cheery; and the food is of excellent quality, especially for a chain restaurant. Easily my favourite breakfast place! Thumbs up and highly recommended!

Reviewed 11 October 2017

How often do you find a family style breakfast restaurant that serves Gooseberries? At first glance the place is welcoming and friendly. The atmosphere is charming and makes you happy. When you look over the menu you realize that your family is eating a healthy version compared to other breakfast chain restaurants. At Cora their pancakes & waffles have fresh strawberries that are hand cut. Your whip cream did not squirt from a can under pressure with nitrogen. There are no soggy strawberries in the heavy sugar red glaze. Their waffles and pancakes are not loaded with sugar. We were impressed to find their meat selection included link sausage, real Canadian style back bacon, crispy strip bacon and ham you can cut with a fork. You do not have to search this menu to find healthy, hand made and very tasty food.