“Cora Delivers Again!”
Review of Cora

Ranked #49 of 960 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 6 November 2017

After visiting a few different Cora locations, I think it’s fair to say that this eatery is my favourite place to have breakfast. The décor is always bright and uplifting; the staff are always friendly and warm; I love the sun logo (it really does bring a smile to your face); and the food is always of very high quality. Sure, the food might take a little bit longer to arrive at your table and it might cost more than McDonald’s or even iHOP, but you’re paying for a quality product. When it comes to food – and especially the most important meal of the day – I’m willing to wait a couple of extra minutes and pay a bit more. After all, where else can you get beautifully presented fresh fruit with your meal?

In any event, my partner and I visited this Cora location while staying in Richmond over a weekend. It was conveniently just minutes away from our hotel. When we arrived mid-morning the place was packed, just like the other Cora restaurants we’d been to, with a line starting to form just outside the door. Thankfully, despite the long line, we only had to wait literally like two minutes because one of the servers called out, “any parties of 2?” We immediately stuck up our hands and were promptly seated. I decided to try something different and ordered the “Raspberries 4 Lucie” while my partner ordered the classic eggs benny with tomato and bacon. When the food arrived, it was of the quality I’ve come to expect from Cora: simple but nice presentation; excellent taste; and a plate of beautifully cut fresh fruit. The “Raspberries 4 Lucie” was quite fun: a nice crepe filled with raspberries and a tasty blend of custard, cream cheese and honey, drizzled with raspberry sauce and all laid on a bed of English cream. Delicious! The crepe was light while the filing was smooth, creamy and refreshing. In fact, I’d even go so far as to say that this dish has become my personal Cora favourite. And, as usual, my partner noted that her eggs benny and its accompanying hollandaise sauce was superb.

FOOD: 4.5/5
VALUE: 5/5
RECOMMENDATION: As with every Cora restaurant we’ve visited thus far, we left this location very satisfied – a great way to start the day! The menu is diverse but not overwhelming; the interior décor is bright and cheery; and the food is of excellent quality, especially for a chain restaurant. Easily my favourite breakfast place! Thumbs up and highly recommended!

Reviewed 11 October 2017

How often do you find a family style breakfast restaurant that serves Gooseberries? At first glance the place is welcoming and friendly. The atmosphere is charming and makes you happy. When you look over the menu you realize that your family is eating a healthy version compared to other breakfast chain restaurants. At Cora their pancakes & waffles have fresh strawberries that are hand cut. Your whip cream did not squirt from a can under pressure with nitrogen. There are no soggy strawberries in the heavy sugar red glaze. Their waffles and pancakes are not loaded with sugar. We were impressed to find their meat selection included link sausage, real Canadian style back bacon, crispy strip bacon and ham you can cut with a fork. You do not have to search this menu to find healthy, hand made and very tasty food.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

You'd think with all the great breakfasts around that it would be hard for a restaurant to distinguish itself on the most important meal of the day. To our benefit, Cora's manages to raise the bar and bring a flair to their offerings.

From Crepes to pancakes, from dessert breakfasts to mountains of fruit, you will be impressed with the variety of tastes and textures.

If the food wasn't enough to rave about then the attentive service at your elbow will also drive you to praise this super little breakfast chain.

Reviewed 30 September 2017

This was my first time eating at Cora's. The breakfast was fantastic.
Good service. Not far from the Airport so it worked out great to have such
a great breakfast restaurant so close by. Make sure you visit and enjoy!

Reviewed 3 September 2017

My wife and I went for breakfast. The hostess/owner was pleasant,

it took 10 minutes before the waitress came by to ask if we wanted something to drink.
It took 40 minutes from the time we sat down for the food to arrive.
it was dropped on the table and we did not even have time to ask for ketchup.
And, of course, we had to wait another 10 minutes for the waitress to reappear so that we could get the tea that had been ordered.
The restaurant was not especially busy -- there were plenty of empty tables scattered all around.
The food itself was a disappointment. the fruit was great. But both meals were luke warm, not hot. The wrap with the Penelope order was extensive -- especially in relation to the content inside. and the has brown potatoes were soft and cool.
The cups used for tean and coffee are quite small, so the restaurant needed to pay attention to refilling these -- they did not. It was not easy to hail our waitress, because we could not see her most of the time. (She apologized 3 times during our visit for not attending to us.)

Some of the food looks terrific -- ours certainly was not -- , but the overall experience was not pleasant. It felt like we were part of a factory process, not a couple looking for an enjoyable breakfast.

I gave it a 3 rating because it must be better than what we experienced.