Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
cynkdf
Singapore, Singapore

Very pleasant stay

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 10 Aug 2019
The main selling point was the proximity of Abercorn Inn to the venue of a concert held by my favourite singer, Korean Hwang Chi Yeul (pl google him if you haven't heard of him, many haven't). I had a really pleasant stay at Abercorn - clean facilities, comfortable bed, enough charging outlets, good access to wifi, polite staff, proximity to transport (Bridgeport). Love the quaint design of the hotel, really stands out from afar (so that I wouldn't miss it :)) Ate for three days at the food court of River Rock Resort about 15 mins walk away - tasty inexpensive Chinese food :) Had interesting chats with the lovely shuttle bus drivers to and from the hotel (I was the only passenger on both days - "special" so one of them joked :)). Abercorn Inn, thank you and if ever HCY holds a concert at the same venue again, I will be sure to consider staying again at Abercorn. :)
Date of stay: August 2019
    AU$329
7.2 km from Abercorn Hotel, Trademark Collection By Wyndham
View more hotels in Richmond
1,084 results
All reviews close to the airport vancouver airport free breakfast yogurt free parking bit dated beds were comfortable shuttle service an early flight convenient location costco yvr skytrain downtown departure
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 July 2019 via mobile

This is a quaint and cute Hotel left over from the fifties I think. It has been recently updated with newer furniture and flooring but is still kind of dark and dank in the hallways due to vintage design.

The rooms are clean and odor-free and the staff was about as helpful as any staff I've seen. I was put into a handicap room that had a roll-in shower which could come in handy for wheelchair users . I thought this to be a real Plus for the hotel . The hotel has great access to the airport is it is basically on the same road only 5 minutes away, which is why I selected it.

I have one small complaint into huge ones. The small one is that they don't provide enough luggage storage space in case you show up early. I found myself fighting for one small space for just a couple of hours waiting on my flight.

The biggest complaint was the quality of their absolutely hideous breakfast. Passable processed pork sausage served hot enough. Then, powdered eggs with so much water they felt like little yellow sponges squishing between my teeth. I couldn't bear to eat them. Unfortunately, this was the extent of the hot dishes provided by the breakfast staff. There we are standard coffee and Juice machines as well as cereal, stale bread and Frozen toaster waffles. Didn't the toaster didn't function well at all as it took three or four applications at its highest setting in order to get even the slightest tinge I've golden brown. And then, to add insult to injury, it only toasted the red on one side. So, you had a flip your bread or waffle around and go through the whole ordeal once again.

This brings me to a huge complaint as well. Given the amenities, the crappy breakfast, lack of any other services, and noisiness of the rooms on the main Highway, I think pay north of $250 for a night it's an outrage. I am going to see if I can book a different hotel and cancel this one for my return trip.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank OldProChef
Reviewed 21 July 2019

At first the hotel looked a bit dated but the room was very clean and quiet. Needed to watch the steps DOWN into the ensuite. Breakfast was very good, staff very helpful and friendly. Very impressed with the totally recyclable breakfast plates and cutlery

Date of stay: June 2019
1  Thank Alan L
Reviewed 3 July 2019 via mobile

Free airport transfer was welcome after a long flight. The hotel is not the usual airport hotel but is small and friendly. The rooms are comfortable and clean and the staff are friendly and welcoming. Within walking distance of Bridgeport station and then 20 minutes from downtown. Overall a very pleasant hotel.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Graham G
Reviewed 23 June 2019

Good-Very comfortable beds and pillows. Good airport access and efficient shuttle. Room clean and quiet though facing busy road.

Bad-Breakfast is very poor. Staff okay but not really interested in your issues.

Room tip: If breakfast is important choose another hotel!
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank mwethersett
Reviewed 21 June 2019

It is obvious the Abercorn Inn was a great place for years, but the luster is wearing off. It was built by a couple of brothers from Scotland and the decor throughout is heavy on Scottish this and that. The rooms were very comfortable. The breakfast room with a wide range of choices was really nice, and complimentary, complete with attendants. It is only a few easy-walking blocks to the Canada Line rail system that takes you downtown (or elsewhere.) A modern Costco is directly across the street. HOWEVER -- most of the staff are not very helpful or friendly. Signage is heavy on Chinese in the hotel and the neighborhood and surrounding businesses appear to all be changing to Chinese influence -- the people, restaurants, food, etc. This is not to say anything negative about that, except to make note that this "Scottish" Inn has obviously changed hands. The free airport shuttle was convenient and stayed 'on-time'

Room tip: The guest room we occupied faced the front & busy street, but was exceptionally quiet.
Date of stay: June 2019