“Filter coffee”

Chennai Palace
Ranked #2 of 14 Restaurants in Walkerville
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Have been hopping around for years in adelaide for ground root south indian food. Finally found one.

Would not rate great for hygiene though, not suppose to clean the table and set the cutlery at the same time.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 15 August 2018

Not bad, in fact quite good. Had a lot better but had worse too. The naan was lovely but the main and service just OK.
Having said all of that, I would go back.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 12 August 2018

A home-to-Mum visit in Walkerville is always enhanced by takeaway from Chennai Palace! Despite living in Sydney I don't know where to find Indian that steps away from mainstream flavours like the curries etc. do here. I can't remember dining in so can't speak for that but the goat curry was grungily delicious and I've never had a bad dish.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 20 July 2018

Very cheap and tasty dosa deals :) keep up the good work guys. Will come again to try other street foods.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 11 June 2018

Our last visit to Chennai Palace ended up as an embarrassment.

This time we ordered special $5 dosa, Sambar Idli and Seafood & Chicken Platter.

The Dosa and Idli are average because they are on special so nothing to complain because I cant expect more for $5.

After idli and Dosa we received our Seafood and Chicken platter and I noticed the chicken is cooked without proper cleaning feather are clearly visible on chicken and I requested the waiter to swap it or remove skin and feathers. She apologised and quickly removed those chicken, after 5 minutes she comes out of kitchen with the same chicken saying "Nothing wrong with this chicken, even KFC chicken has hair and feathers".
We decided to leave it and carrying on with other items and after 5 minutes a man from the Kitchen walks to our table saying he is the Manager/Chef " That's how we get our chicken with hair and feathers, even when you buy chicken from Coles and Woolies you get the same chicken, and sorry we cant make you another one as all our chicken has hair and feathers".
After hearing the rudest and unfriendly reply I have no choice but to walk away from the restaurant.
Then I realised the reason the put dim lights is to cover their unhealthy cooking practices.

Date of visit: May 2018