“Great for one night!”

Green Lantern Inn & Suites
Ranked #53 of 66 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Reviewed 30 September 2010

We stayed here for one night to attend a concert at Harvey's. This place is withing walking distance so the location was great. There is nothing special about this place, but it was really clean, the staff really friendly. The bed in our room was sagging in the middle which was fun because we kept "rolling" into each other all night. Despite the sag, it was pretty comfortable. It is an older hotel, but if you are looking for great location and not a lot of $$$, I would recommend this place.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Green Lantern Inn & Suites

Reviewed 18 September 2010

The Motel Staff was completely helpful in all requests, whether it be for extra pillows or any simple request we may have had. This was our third time here, and have had a very enjoyable time. Not to mention it is very close to hiking paths, shopping, and casinos.
Room's were very clean, and room service re: extra towels, coffee, sugar, etc, not a problem. Definitely worth the trip!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2010

We stayed here as it was difficult to find somewhere for the saturday night at a decent price. Ended up paying £90 sterling for a 2 double bed room with small shower room. Very dark and claustrophobic. Clean but so old that it was really past the point where it would look good and is well overdue for a facelift. Air conditioning worked okay. Noisy night as people arrived. Staff at reception rather vague. I had to ask for the beach pass which came with the room and where the pool was (which was not that clean). I also had to go back to get extra pillows and towels as not enough in room. We couldn't wait to leave and were ready at 7.30 - no breakfast as promised as does not start until 8.00am which is rather late by all other hotel standards. Simply not worth the money - pay a bit more and stay somewhere with a reputation.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank janesw
Reviewed 6 February 2010

I must admit I was a bit worried after I read some of the online reviews of the Green Lantern Hotel, but my friend booked us anyway. I am glad he did. The woman who owns the place was very helpful. I bothered her many times about where to eat, discount lift tickets, how to log onto the wireless internet, etc. Violet was always there and able to help us. She was always friendly no matter how many times I bugged her. She even printed out some discount lift tickets coupons for us. Breakfast was always ready for as promised each morning.

The location is great. We walked to dinner at Harrahs. The gondola to Heavenly Valley is nearby, too.

The room was fine. It was clean and everything worked. True, it is not a 5 star hotel. I would not book the visiting Queen of England in it. But, I came to Tahoe to ski, not to spend a lot of time in my hotel room. My friend and I thought we got good value for our money, and I would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank MartyInLA
Reviewed 10 January 2010

I stayed at Green Lantern motel this past December for a few days. Our family was in Tahoe for a ski trip. I found this motel online and made a reservation by calling them direct. We stayed in the family suite that had two beds, sofa sleeper and refrigerator/microwave. The oversize jetted tub in the batroom worked really well after full day of skiing. Its within a very easy walk from Heavenly Gondola and Casinos. The room was huge and very clean. Overall a great stay. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family