Basecamp South Lake Tahoe
Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
USD 163*
USD 146*
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
3 Peaks Resort & Beach Club(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
USD 90*
Postmarc Hotel and Spa Suites(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
USD 162*
USD 153*
Hotel Azure(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
USD 208*
USD 179*
Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
USD 232*
  • Pool
Stardust Lodge(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
USD 176*
USD 171*
Beach Retreat & Lodge at Tahoe(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
USD 174*
USD 162*
Official Hotel
Forest Suites Resort at Heavenly Village(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
USD 179*
Tahoe Lakeshore Lodge and Spa(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
USD 174*
The Landing Resort & Spa(South Lake Tahoe)
USD 570*
USD 542*
1,263 results
All reviewsbeer gardenbase campfire pitgranolahot tubcool placefun hoteladirondack chairsbunk bedsping pongceiling fanbagelsboutique hotelheavenly villagecomplimentary breakfasthappy hourheavenly gondola
Reviewed 10 December 2012

The hotel is so great! Nice and refurbished rooms, really moderns, with a clean decor. The hotel staff is really friendly, and room is very clean. The breakfast is complimentary, but really poor from my point of view, but for the price (USD98.00 per night) it was ok. The hotel is really good located, from a 5 minute walk from Heavenly Gondola (Mountain for Ski).

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank StefanoPeGr
Reviewed 5 December 2012

My friend invited me to join her for two days and I had NO idea what to expect. Well I was pleasantly surprised. When we arrived and stepped into the lobby, we were WOWED! The decor was simple, innovative and cozy. The person at the front desk, Dan, was super helpful and really nice about every question or need we presented him. Though we were a bit sad that we did not get a room with a fireplace, we really loved our room. The decor was cool - original art work, ipod dock, good quality bath products, and soft carpet were highlights. After a wonderful night's sleep in a comfy bed with linen that made me feel at home, we headed down for the "continental breakfast"... Basecamp has fresh baked local pastries and bagels..fresh cream cheese and peanut butter options, oatmeal and granola with awesome (homemade?) yogurt, quality orange juice and yummy coffee. Alexia whipped us up two yummie lattes on the second morning. She was also great at helping to plan out our activities for the day, and is just a really sweet person to talk to. GO!! ENJOY! Get in the hot tub! Thank you!

Room Tip: King room with balcony was awesome..there are some with fireplace too.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank elpirata9
Reviewed 20 November 2012

I had been wanting to stay here since I first heard that the old Block hotel had been converted, and I was not disappointed. The boutique hotel is a welcome change of pace from the big casinos and rundown motels in South Lake.

I loved the lobby and the whole look of the place. I've never hung out in a hotel lobby before, and my boyfriend, friend and I ended up watching a football game and drinking beers from the bar for about an hour, while talking to the friendly staff.

The location is right by all the hustle and bustle of South Lake Tahoe, and I was in awe of the design touches all weekend. They have great extras like a smores bar and hot tub on the roof, but I didn't get a chance to check those out. Next time!

We will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank maloriejae
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Basecamp is an excellent option for a visit to Lake Tahoe. Upon check-in, I found myself in a themed room called The Great Indoors. It had a feel of camping in the beautiful Tahoe wilderness with with modern luxuries of a hotel. The bed had a canvass tent over it and the walls were wallpapered with wilderness landscapes. There was a fire pit (fake) to give that extra camping feel. The room was clean, comfortable and provided a great complement to my trip. The staff was very welcoming and attended to every need. The lobby bar was very cozy and the property is walking distance to all the major Tahoe attractions. My next visit to Lake Tahoe will definitely bring me back to Basecamp Hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank fellowtraveler1
Reviewed 17 November 2012

Basecamp Hotel rocks. Great service, comfortable and clean rooms (with funky touches), yummy breakfast snacks, and great leather couches to sprawl out in! Highly recommended, especially if you're looking for a real mountain experience with the comforts of home.

Room Tip: If you want to feel like you're camping in the great outdoors, ask for the room with the tent over the king bed!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business