1,394 results
All reviews beer garden base camp fire pit granola hot tub cool place fun hotel adirondack chairs bunk beds corn hole family room ping pong boutique hotel free breakfast no air conditioning heavenly village across the street
Reviewed 5 July 2012

I stayed at basecamp hotel last weekend and it was even better than i had expected. the hotel is very well designed, the art is cool too. super comfortable bed! the staff was really helpful, i had asked them where to hike and they gave me several options - i only went on one though!
overall, great experience and ill definitely be back.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julie K
Reviewed 4 July 2012

I arrived at the hotel on a Saturday morning (July 1st) and was greeted by friendly staff. I immediately saw fellow outdoor enthusiasts in the hotel, judging by the mountain bikes, kayaks, and other cool gear. I'm usually critical of my hotel experiences but I was more than happy with this one. Super comfortable bed, outstanding decor, friendly staff -- this really impressed me. Since the hotel is new, it seems like they are still finishing up a few smaller things like assembling the BBQ, but I imagine that will be all wrapped up soon!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank JeremyTraveler_1
Reviewed 27 June 2012

Robbie and Christian were brilliant with information about where to eat and activities. The hotel has been designed with attention to detail which makes it very cool. The breakfast pastries were delicious. It isn't very often you see a hotel run by people with such passion for what they do, we had a great weekend.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank 99Ilovetravel99
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I recently was on weekend road trip with my girlfriend in Lake Tahoe and was lucky enough to come across this little gem amongst the monstrosities of Casino hotels in South Lake. Very cool Urban/Outdoor design with newly remodels rooms and comfy brand new beds! Simple and smart and the communal lobby area and outside deck was a big plus. The free Wi-Fi is a nice touch…even better it works on the deck!

This place was super cool and the staff was friendly and knowledgeable about the area and had plenty of ideas to offer. We ended up renting bikes and doing the Powerline trail one day and renting Kayaks the other. The hotel is walking distance to the lake, Heavenly Village, and the Casinos. I highly suggest this place if you are looking for something unique in South Lake.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank antfarm007
Reviewed 21 June 2012

This place is awesome. The first thing that hits you is it's character. With old hiking equipment and survey tools it feels like an outpost for adventure. Bit it is modern and funny with clever quotes on the walls in different rooms.

The rooms themselves are fantastically well designed with bold colors and unique art work.

And the beds....OH MY GOD, they are so comfortable. I slept for nine hours without waking.

The hotel staff are as much fun as the hotel itself and are keen to help you with your stay as michas advise you in the numerous activities in the area.

I had the choice between hiking, mountain biking, paddle boarding, kayaking, a boat trip just to mention a few.

In short this place is very unique, warm, sociable, connected, and great value for money.

I will definitely be staying there again

• Stayed: June 2012