“Dirty & Uncomfortable”

Knights Inn South Lake Tahoe
Ranked #57 of 65 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I have stayed in many a hotel for business trips as well as personal outings. This was by far the worst. Nearing the hotel via car I saw an old worn out building and was relieved that it was not close to the entrance to the Super 8. However, after pulling into the entrance all hope eroded as that was the Super 8's outer wall. Rotted, dirty and rundown. The rooms weren't any better. Carpet looked to be 20 years old, Walls had dust webs on them. Once wall had a crack from ceiling to middle of the wall. My parents room was even filthier. We used sanitizing wipes on the toilet and shower stall and did not allow our feet to touch the floors. The beds were worn thin with springs poking us in the back as we slept. I can not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Reviewed 29 May 2014

My relatives told me to stay at the Super 8 in South Lake Tahoe. It was to be affordable $90+ a night? Not even a nice place - the Motel 6 looks nicer than this place. Paint peeling on the exterior (pieces as big as 4 - 6 inches hanging). Our room stunk to high heaven - left the door and all windows open and the ac on for over an hour. The furnishings were cheap, our carpeting was pieced together in spots. The painted walls were dirty. The molding around the floor in the bathroom was filthy and dusty. Only a standup shower, if you turned too fast you either hit the wall or fell out. The widow in the bathroom was on a side street with a van filled with boxes that the Mexican strip mall was constantly opening and closing the doors and they could look right in our bathroom! The room was noisy with the street traffic and the room above us - they were constantly up and down, could swear they must've weighed over 300 pounds, sounded like elephants above us and the floor boards were constantly squeaking. The front desk woman with the highlighted (blonde) hair was just plain RUDE! to everyone. A guest came in asking for towels, her answer - we were full last night all of the towels are being washed after a couple of more exchanges she finally asked the guest what room she was in and would call her when there were towels. (we didn't have any bath towels at checkin and I just went to the nearest maid and asked for some - she was VERY nice and apologetic) The same desk person was rude over the phone when I told her I could not dial out - asked me what the number I was calling was even though I told her it was a local call only 8 blocks away (silly me thought she was going to connect it for me) instead she said oh, well I can't help you, there's nothing I can do. I told her I needed to reach my son and our cell phone after connecting to their wifi now all calls were blocked. After a couple of further exchanges asking for help, she finally said you can come to the front office and I will let you use the phone here. (it was 8am) I will never stay here again - there were other places for less and a lot nicer. . . .

Room Tip: Do not stay here! Spend a little more or drive a little further.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank EscapeTrips
Reviewed 29 May 2014

OK, so again drive Spokane, WA to Tahoe 900 miles in 17 hours. On top of that I MADE no reservation so flying by seat of my pants on a HOLIDAY weekend. So I deserve this HELL!

This place was cheap per night. Have you heard you get what you pay for! Believe it..

OK, I think 300 rooms, a pool, some green grass.

300 rooms at $100 a night. $30,000 a night or dang near $900,000 a month and NO updates. What kind of SLUM lords run this place. For shame.

Rooms, were built before electricity and codes were established that explains the lack of lights, outlets. All the wiring is done on the outside of the walls. Hello it is dry wall, punch it down and wire the room properly.

Old paint, old rugs, worn out beds. TV...........the 1980 TUBE TV... Seriously?
The door was so poorly hung that two inches of light could be seen under it.
Parking lot looks like poured in the 60's.

The room smelled of sewer and that caused me to open all the windows.
I suspect due to lack of building codes the two way sewer trap that should be in place to keep sewer smell from coming back up the shower drain was lacking.

I don't have ANYTHING good to say but it was shelter.

Recommend............ for an enjoyable weekend on a hot DATE for cheap. Get a tent.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I will Not Ever come here again!!! I am up writing this review instead of sleeping while staying at this horrible dirty cheap dump with super thin walls. My neighbors next door have had the TV on loud all night long which I can hear very loud. I have not got a good night's sleep. We booked this hotel online for
Memorial week. It gave us the impression online that that was the only room left so we booked it. On the website it looked like a nice clean place. NOT AT ALL! We did a last minute vacation road trip to Lake Tahoe. Upon arrival we could see rows of hotels with vacancies here and there. When we found the Super 8 here in South Lake Tahoe where we where staying I could see how run down it looked from the outside. Inside it is dirty. The carpet is dirty. I wear flip flops inside and in the shower. Out of fear of getting a foot fungus. I fixed the curtain which had a few hooks off and was just hanging exposing the room. Hey its 4:15 am and they finally just turned
off the TV. The coke machine outside is busted. We are not interested in in the hot tub,making coffee, ice or relaxing in our room because I do not trust the hotel to be clean. I can not enjoy my stay here. I would have NOT EVER booked this hotel if I knew it's condition prior. I can not wait to get out of this hotel except for Lake Tahoe. It is a Stunning place to visit which definitely gives us a ton of joy. I will say one great thing. Upon checking in the receptionist did have friendly great
customer service. That is it.

• Stayed: May 2014