“Eat here. Today. Now. Do it. ”
Review of Guju's Beach Bar

Guju's Beach Bar
Ranked #2 of 27 Restaurants in Tofo
Price range: USD 3 - USD 5
Description: Welcome to Guju's Beach Bar! One of the hottest new spots in Tofo. Come and enjoy some amazing Indian Food, Refreshing Cocktails, Great vibe and the best of view of the sunset in Tofo. We take pride in offering you great service,amazing food and an unforgettable experience.Look forward to seeing you soon!
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

This place blew my expectations way out of the water. Obviously you come to coastal Mozambique for seafood. But there is really only so much seafood you can take. This place has both seafood (if you should so desire more seafood) AS WELL AS the best Indian food I have had since moving to Africa period. It's legit authentic. The paratha takes on a life of its own, and is completely different and better than any I have had anywhere in the world. The korma is fantastic. I don't know what else I can say about it except that you won't make a mistake in ordering it. The pakoras were also amazing, perfectly done, great yogurt-based dipping sauce.

Secret tip: go for sundowners. This is *I think* the only place in town you can get a full sunset view. As the sun goes down, the frogs start singing you into the night. It's beautiful, peaceful, relaxing. The perfect end to a rough day of beach bumming. I forget the name of the drunk...sunbreezer I think? It's the first on the drink menu. It's a traditional Pakistani cocktail. Order it. Today. Now. Do it. It is the perfect compliment to the sunset and singing frogs. Ask the owner about it. He is super friendly and hospitable and, on top of being an amazing chef, really has a passion for what he does. And what he does is magic.

I really can't say enough about this place. I did not expect to come to a place like Tofo Beach and find an Indian food restaurant that rivals what I've had in New York, Toronto and even London. 'Nuff said. Check it out, you won't regret it.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

We liked everything about Gujus - from Hoosain the owner, to the staff, the food, and the setting. We ate there three times and each time it was excellent. it was fun, vibey and beachy and the food and service was five star.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

When I arrived in a remote village in east Africa, the last thing I anticipated was real authentic Indian cuisine. But, as I was quickly recommended Gujus did not disappoint. Set against a backdrop of Tofo's unforgettable sunsets, Guju's offers a range of spiced dishes to please any taste buds. One of the only restaurants in town that offers vegetarian cuisine, it is clear the time and attention that has been put into the flavours of each dish. There is also far less than the usual 45 minute wait for food that you come to expect (I have timed with an old travel stop watch I had in my bag from years back) in Mozambique and the restaurant is laid out beautifully. The vibe created by the clearly passionate owner added a delightful and well worthwhile touch to my amazing visit to Tofo. I will definitely be returning, especially for the palak paneer (the cheese is house made) and look forward to tasting the delicious flavours again.

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Being from Durban, curry is my second nature and this is some of the best curry I've had. Such amazing food cooked with passion and love by the owner. It's the perfect place to go for consistent good food and an awesome sunset! Can't fault the owner and chef on anything. #yum

Reviewed 2 September 2017

We herd about this amazing place so decided to check it out.
My partner and I ordered the bunny chow as we have experienced this before in Durban South Africa the home of the bunny chow apparently Guju's bunny shows had almost no flavor and next to no meat when we questioned this we were told that's how its supposed to be bread and gravy.

Hussain D, Manager at Guju's Beach Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2017

We at GUJUS are really sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience. We endeavour to make sure each person's visit is filled with excellent food,service and music. Our team has never faced any complaints regarding the amount of meat in our curries, quite the opposite as we are always complimented for serving good portions and great food. We have never had a bad review and hope if you have a chance,return and let us refresh your experience