Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
ZenHotels.com
AU$397
Keith D
Singapore, Singapore

Far and away

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 31 Mar 2024via mobile

Lovely hotel. Old fashioned in many ways. Super friendly staff. The staff in restaurant are well trained in the art of hospitality. We'll thought out menu with always a vegetarian option if thats your poison. Its the perfect place for chilling away ftom hub bub of modern living. Its a 3hr drive from airport which is a bit of a drag for short visits. Overall nice friendly comfortable place and area to check out.

Date of stay: March 2024
  • ZenHotels.com
    AU$162
5.9 km from Spa Village Resort Tembok Bali
Stunning back drop with the new pool
  • eDreams
    15.1 km from Spa Village Resort Tembok Bali
    • Lol.travel
    16.1 km from Spa Village Resort Tembok Bali
    View more hotels in Tejakula
    All reviews sunset cruise our honeymoon foot massage daily treatments tembok bali jamu making wraps foot wash little touches complimentary activities black sand body scrub moment you arrive infinity pool transfer from the airport food was fantastic amazing place
    Selected filters
    Reviewed 8 February 2024

Tembok Spa Village Resort is completely beautiful! The sound of the waves on the black sandy beach is always with you as the pebbles wash in with the waves, it is incredibly relaxing. We loved the day beds by the pool, the perfect place to read a book. The reflections of the palm trees in the pool are what dreams are made of. Breakfast, lunch and dinner were all delicious - and having them included in our package made our stay so easy and decadent. Even when we went on a day trip to Amed and a sunrise boat trip in Lovina Bay, the resort staff carefully organised our meals for while we were away. The suite was exceptional, so much space, a wonderful balcony and the daily notes and gifts on our pillow a thoughtful touch. But three things really stand out about this wonderful resort, the incredible welcome foot bath and neck and shoulder massage, the attentiveness of the staff and provision of a proposed itinerary on check in (including lots of ideas we hadn't thought of and thoroughly enjoyed - like the sunrise dolphin tour in Lovina Bay) and the other worldy massages provided in the spa. I had a massage from Wayan that is the best I have ever had (and I have had a lot of massages!). So, do yourself a favour, and book this resort - it is outstanding! PS Request Sono to drive you from the airport :-)

Room tip: Request Sono - he is an awesome driver! Go with the flow on the itinerary - everything the resort suggested to us was brilliant.
    Date of stay: January 2024
    • Trip type: Travelled with family
    Reviewed 22 January 2024

The drive from the airport took around 3 hours, and though it was a long drive after the delayed flight from Brisbane, being able to see a part of Bali and the way of life in the little villages that you don't see in the city venues, meant it was a really good way to ease into our holiday.
    The greeting at the car on arrival with a cold towel, foot rub, and neck massage pretty much set the scene for the next 5 days. The personal service we received at check-in (and throughout the stay) was outstanding. We felt like VIPs!

We stayed in a suite and enjoyed the spaciousness it afforded - as well as the great view of the pool and across to the black sandy beach. It was clean and well maintained, with good internet access. There are no TVs in the room, which is perfect for me (but if you need a Netflix hit, the internet works well if you have a device with you).

The restaurant had a great selection of food that changed daily. I have food allergies and the F&B team was very good at accommodating me, which isn't always easy as a soy allergy in southeast Asia does throw a spanner in the works for many of the local dishes - but the chef was able to look after me and I didn't feel like I was missing out on anything. The food looked amazing, tasted amazing and despite some reviews saying it was small portions - we were stuffed after every meal. The portion sizes aren't huge but they don't need to be - they are more than adequate and there are multiple courses at every meal setting.

There is also a pool bar area where the team will mix a cocktail, a jug of sangria, or some other cold beverage - and then bring it to you as you sun yourself by the pool. They make sure you're hydrated by topping up your water (all filtered/spring water) - no need to ask, they just quietly top you up then disappear into the background.

We had daily spa treatments, which were divine. A tip from me is to book a treatment for the day you arrive - the spa is open into the evening so if you arrive during the afternoon, you have time to settle into your room, have a massage then go to dinner. Now that's a holiday! The treatments were fabulous and every day there was something different to enjoy. Daily treatments were part of our package but there are upgrades available, which I indulged in, and the prices are very reasonable. The spa team has years of experience - some of the team have been there for 15+ years and you turn to putty in their hands.

The resort was quiet while we were there - only about 45% occupancy so you never had to rush to hold a spot by the pool. There were plenty of cabanas and deck chairs to go around. In the time that we were there, we counted no more than 15 guests, including us, so it was like having your own private resort.

Unfortunately, I got sick (not gastro) while I was there and the team organised for a doctor to come and see me. The doctor spoke English, which I wasn't sure would be the case, and she was able to provide me with the medication needed until I got back to see my doctor in Australia.

We went out for a day trip to Ubud and a driver was provided by the resort at a great day rate. He stopped so we could take photos and made sure we were safe and knew where our pick-up spots were when we got out and walked about. It was a long day and in hindsight, I would have enjoyed lazing around the pool vs the long drive, but it was a good day all the same.

My tip, if you're in Bali to rest and relax but want to do some shopping and sightseeing, tack a day or two on at the beginning or end of your trip in one of the bigger towns and use Spa Village as the ultimate getaway, away from the maddening crowds. Don't break the spell by leaving the resort in the middle of your stay.

Overall I can't recommend Spa Village Resort Tembok enough if you're looking for a VIP experience where you are cared for, pampered, and want to get away from it all. If you're going to Bali to sightsee and party, this is not the place for you, but if you're looking for a relaxing, romantic escape - this gets 6/5 stars from me!

Room tip: This is an ideal spot if you want to get away from it all.
    Date of stay: January 2024
    • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    3  Thank Kurious_Kotuku
    Reviewed 3 January 2024 via mobile

This was the first time ever that we thought that the staff is perhapes even too kind and hospitable. Spa tretments are outstanding here. There are excellent in all hotels, but here was even better. We took one of two vilas, with private plunge pool and direct access to the ocean. Magnificent. (So I do not know what are normal rooms like). Goody all in all.

Reviewed 27 December 2023 via mobile

Excellent, Excellent, very satisfying! I want to stay here forever hahahah! Driving 3 hours from Denpasar to this resort was quite tiring, on the way I imagined that when I arrived at the resort I would immediately go to sleep, but in fact I didn't hahah! Arriving one step at the resort, I was immediately greeted by very friendly staff who showed me all the things I had, after that I was served a welcome drink with a welcome ritual, my feet were cleaned and my back was massaged, there is no other resort I have encountered like this resort, it was very unexpected ! After arriving at the room, the receptionist called "What time do you want a massage today, sir?" Tomorrow ? “ OMG it turns out every guest at this resort will get a massage every day! really a very satisfying package! Apart from that, there are lots of activities that we can enjoy at this resort, such as yoga, gym, etc. I forgot there are so many and they are all free! the food is also very delicious, and the most impressive thing is that the staff at this resort are very friendly and always smiling, also the GM of this resort is also very friendly to the guests, I hope this resort becomes the best resort choice in Bali, you have to come here!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
    Reviewed 9 December 2023 via mobile

Booked via Hyatt, per the SLH terms:

World of Hyatt members receive a one category room upgrade (based on availability at check-in).

Hotel was practically empty (only 5 rooms booked), yet we did not receive the one category room upgrade which should have been the suite.

The Kamar room is quite outdated and in dire need of an upgrade (ceiling fan makes a lot of noise) and AC was so weak we slept without blankets.

I would have given this hotel a 3-star, but the staff here is great and attentive which bumped it to a 4-star.

The food here is pretty good for a hotel and the massage was very relaxing.

It was very difficult finding transportation via grab/gojek, so make sure you prebook your transportation in advance. It should cost around 700-800k each way to/from Sanur/Nusa Dua.