“Great seafood restaurant ”
Review of Harbour House

Harbour House
Ranked #4 of 30 Restaurants in Kalk Bay
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, View, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Harbour House Restaurant is located in the heart of an old working fishing harbour.Come and experience fine dining as the waves splash up against the windows while you enjoy the freshest seafood and line fish caught from our own boat.Window tables are a must so reservations are essential!
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Stopped off at this restaurant on the way down to Cape Point and had a great seafood lunch. The menu was good but it is the Specials board you should review before ordering as these change regularly and are delicious. I had kingklip, my wife had the hake and while I thoroughly enjoyed mine, the taste I had of the hake made me question my choice. You should book in advance and if you do, you may get one of the tables by the large windows and be lucky enough to be treated to dolphins, seals or even whales.

HarbourHouseG, Manager at Harbour House, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Dear leslie1667

Thank you very much for your review on TripAdvisor following your visit to Kalk Bay.

The team aim to please and provide our guests with the best possible guest experience when dining with us. We pleased to hear that we achieved this on your visit with us.

I hope there are many more visits and amazing experiences with us in your not too distant future.

Kindest Regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (1,893)

Reviewed 4 April 2018

I love this restaurant and was pleased to find that it was as good as the year before. We had the best seat in the house, a table by the window overlooking the rocks. Our waiter looked after us beautifully, the food was exceptional stunningly presented. We could have stayed there for hours and will definitely return.

1  Thank DorsetTruffle

Dear DorsetTruffle

Thank you very much for the great review on TripAdvisor.

I am very pleased to hear you had an enjoyable experience at Harbour House Kalk Bay. We pride ourselves with great views, service and food.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Been coming here for years. But Saterday 5:30pm upstairs deck was an experience I would like to forget. Service slow, poor and forgot my cheese cake. House salad -a few sprinkled leaves. If you like poor local service Don't eat here

HarbourHouseG, Manager at Harbour House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear dager

Thank you for taking the time to post this review and for your recent visit. Our sincerest apologies for your poor experience at our branch when you visited.

Best regards,

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We had the pleasure of eating here and sitting right by the sea. (Try to sit on the outdoor table if you can). The food was delicious, especially the sushi, which was some of the best we’ve had.

You get a lovely view of the sea and normally there are seals playing around right by the restaurant.

Make sure to book as well to be safe.

Dear Alex R

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

We have been regulars at the harbour house for the past 3 years but over the past 6 months standard have dropped as prices have increased. The seafood platters have doubled in price and the restaurant gradually decayed. Seriously in need of a rethink as choice is plentiful and the previous allure is fading. Plenty of alternatives for seafood with a view in short proximity. Will from now on go there.
What a pity, from “must visit” to “tourist trap ripoff”
M

1  Thank Michael O

Dear Michael O

Thank you for taking the time to post this review and for your recent visit.

Our sincerest apologies for your poor experience at our branch when you visited. I would really like to make contact with you, please could you send me your contact details to Merinda@harbourhouse.co.za.

Best regards,