“Worst park ever, don't waste your time”

Sibbald Point Provincial Park
Ranked #4 of 22 things to do in Georgina
More attraction details
Owner description: Phone:
Reviewed 3 July 2018

On Canada Day 2018, after 1.5 hrs waiting to get in, they return us at the gate because the park is full, there is NO sign outthere to inform you that park is full and don't wait and waste time,

4  Thank Ali M
in 7 reviews
"dogs"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 21 June 2018

Dog beach was very rocky/pebbles. It was nice and fun but would have been better if there were no rocks! Not sure if the people beach was sandy or rocky. Although the place was good, there are grassy areas great for tanning, and even a picnic. I saw people doing BBQ there too. There were washrooms and garbage bins in the area. It seemed like the camp grounds were not too far from the beach. The beach view was gorgeous especially the view of the island. There was a $20.00 parking fee. I think there were trails around but we just stayed at the beach. My dog had a blast even though there were rocks. We stayed at beach area one. When it was time to go home, we drove to beach 2 to check it out. It seemed more crowded in that area due to boat docking and more picnic areas. The dog beach was horrible here. There was alot of mosquitoes in beach 2. We did not go to the people beach therefore not sure how it looks like. Overall, it was a great place to go to for the day and a quick drive from Toronto.

1  Thank BringyourDOG
Reviewed 15 June 2018

THis is an excellent park for camping and day tripper. We recently camped here and you dont even feel like its close to the city. Since it was off peak season, there is not much of activities for the kids. But best time to camp during peak season. There is always activities for kids and adults. Fairly good camping sites.

2  Thank expl0ring0ntari0
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

So I was expecting nothing special coming here as it's not as known as say Killbear or Sandbanks. I was honestly pleasantly surprised how much it felt like a provincial park. The sites were a nice size with everyone respecting the turn down music at 11pm. Everyone was super nice. We booked site 912 and we walked/biked to the dog beach in 5 minutes. We only go to provincial parks with dog beaches so we are on the hunt for the nicest ones!! I'd say for how close this park is the dog beach is super nice. It's rocky but I went in fine without water shoes (even though I did bring them) the dog beach is super clean and everyone else with dogs were very respectful! The park is just what you'd expect any nice provincial park to look like. We will definately be going again and stay in the 900's again since it is literally a 5 min walk to the beach.

Pictures are of our dog at the dog beach!! He loved it!!

1  Thank C D
See more reviews
Reviewed 23 May 2018

The park is quite nice, I really couldn't say it isn't, but the few areas it falls short are enough to make me never want to come back. This campground is big, there are so many picnic shelters, beach space and campsites. The problem is, a total lack of bathrooms, showers and trailer dumping facilities. The bathrooms were absolutely filthy and of course nobody could clean them, as each one had a permanent line at the door. You might wait 20 minutes to use the bathroom at peak times. If you have a trailer you might think you are fine with your own bathroom, but there is no way you can get your holding tank filled or your waste tanks dumped. Someone actually thought it made sense to have a single dump station for a park this size? There was over 20 trailers parked down the road waiting for the dumping station. It would take hours to get in. If this park was in a remote area where hookup infrastructure was scarce I would understand, but it isn't the case here. For a day trip it would be a good place, but a few nights with no reasonable bathroom access and the fact you are bringing your waste tanks home full is enough of a turn off for me. If you are coming here I would recommend you get your own firewood, a bag is $7.50 and wont last 10 minutes. I added a photo of how much wood I got in two bags for $15; totally ridiculous

4  Thank Aaron S