“Too bad, such a shame a nice park like this has so many irritating problems”

Sibbald Point Provincial Park
Ranked #4 of 22 things to do in Georgina
More attraction details
Owner description: Phone:
Reviewed 23 May 2018

The park is quite nice, I really couldn't say it isn't, but the few areas it falls short are enough to make me never want to come back. This campground is big, there are so many picnic shelters, beach space and campsites. The problem is, a total lack of bathrooms, showers and trailer dumping facilities. The bathrooms were absolutely filthy and of course nobody could clean them, as each one had a permanent line at the door. You might wait 20 minutes to use the bathroom at peak times. If you have a trailer you might think you are fine with your own bathroom, but there is no way you can get your holding tank filled or your waste tanks dumped. Someone actually thought it made sense to have a single dump station for a park this size? There was over 20 trailers parked down the road waiting for the dumping station. It would take hours to get in. If this park was in a remote area where hookup infrastructure was scarce I would understand, but it isn't the case here. For a day trip it would be a good place, but a few nights with no reasonable bathroom access and the fact you are bringing your waste tanks home full is enough of a turn off for me. If you are coming here I would recommend you get your own firewood, a bag is $7.50 and wont last 10 minutes. I added a photo of how much wood I got in two bags for $15; totally ridiculous

4  Thank Aaron S
in 8 reviews
"store"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed 6 March 2018

I have mixed feelings about this campground but ONE bad event sort of spoiled it all. The plus is that it is just an hour north of Toronto. The bad thing is that is just an hour north of Toronto. That means DAY TRIPPERS. So for those with small kids that don't want them stuck in a car for the 4 hours to Killbear, this is a good option BUT the beach is crowded with large large groups who come to barbecue and party. Some camp, what I like to call 'city campers' because it's so close. They come with their cases and cases of beer and party in their sites. The sites we had, we were 2 families with small kids, was right in front of a group of guys who played beer pong from 10 am to 10pm and then partied LOUD all night. I was a party pooper and called the park warden. I don't care. This aint no frat house. Also, they left their site DISASTER. One of the four guys tried to collect all the empties but his buddies weren't much help.

Then on the last day, we had almost a cord of wood left which we normally offer to another family nearby or take it with us for our fireplace. Well, we all went to the beach in the morning with our site mostly ready to go but not completely, and we came back the the whole pile of wood and the bag were STOLEN.

A couple months earlier, it was cooler and less comfortable for 'city campers' and it was nicer, quieter and overall more family friendly. Nice playground.

The bathrooms before cleaning are HORRIBLE, FILTHY but alot of that has to do with the day trippers. They don't get cleaned until mid-morning.

If you are going in May or June, do not book sites that say 'Poor Drainage'. They will be a mud pit. Of course that's on last year's record rainfalls. Our van got stuck and some neighbours had to help us move it out.

2  Thank Yummo C
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Campground can be very busy being so close to Toronto but sites have some privacy and the beach is very nice. Even has a dog beach area.

1  Thank rossinjackson
Reviewed 31 January 2018

Small park that has just the right amount of beach/ sand and by the water. you have a big panoramic vista of the horizon.
Nice break a 1.5 hour drive from Toronto, there isn't much in the town of Jackson's point, but this is a nice picnic chill day out.