All reviews porridge family room toll bridge granola mawddach trail homemade jam and marmalade george iii warm welcome log burner local pub local area breakfast table relaxing weekend the ground floor smoked salmon fantastic breakfast packed lunch
Reviewed 17 July 2017

We stayed for one night and it was the best of our holiday. The location is beautiful and we had a wonderful welcome from our hosts Jacky and Graham, their dogs and friendly hen. The home cooked food was great and we loved the house and garden. Jacky couldn't have been more helpful in making sure that we made the most of our stay. If you are looking for peace, a beautiful setting, great food and home comforts, this is the place.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
JackyOH, Owner at Coed Cae Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Thanks for taking the time to give us such a lovely review. Glad you enjoyed the house, the garden and the animals! Hopefully see you again before too long - maybe for a bit longer next time.

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

We visited here last weekend as a last minute booking for a biking/walking weekend. As soon as we got there, jacky was very welcoming and friendly but not too much (which we find in a lot of b&bs) my OH and I stayed in the showmans wagon which was brilliant. Had everything we might have needed and allowed for a cosy retreat after a hard day of biking or walking. Ryan and I didn't have breakfast but his dad and friend who stayed in the house did and both said it was the best breakfast they had ever had in a b&b. One question I do have for jacky- is the picture in the wagons bedroom of a sailer and a lady you?
We look forward to our next visit!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Ha ha ha - I wish I could say the picture was me being carried about on the beach, but no. Its by a local artist Helen Isles and is from a National Theatre Wales Production "For Mountain Sand and Sea" that took place in Barmouth.
So glad you all enjoyed your stay, and thanks for the review. Hopefully see you all again before too long,

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Stayed for one evening at Coed Cae B&B and it was a very lovely stay. B&B was very clean and tidy, dogs were very welcoming and Jacky was great at providing us with local knowledge. We arrived at around 5pm and Jacky met us upon arrival and told us where to go, we got some fish and chips and ate them on the seaside. Breakfast was lovely too. Room was superb, just the two of us but we stayed in the family room and it was great, extremely roomy and comfortable bed.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
JackyOH, Owner at Coed Cae Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2017

Thanks for taking the time to write your kind review. Glad you enjoyed your stay. You certainly know how to pack a whole lot of adventure into a single night away!

Reviewed 10 June 2017

the bedroom was big enough and had good facilities. the shower room was spotless. breakfast provided an excellent choice of very fresh produce. jacky was the perfect hostess. the location is brilliant.
All in all an outstanding place at an incredibly low price.

Room Tip: front room overlooks car park, you can keep an eye on your dogs
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
JackyOH, Owner at Coed Cae Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2017

Wow Steve, thanks for those kind words, I do my best, but the words "perfect hostess" have me blushing!
Hope to see you both again next time you fancy a break out this way.

Reviewed 25 April 2017

Conveniently situated near the road to Barmouth; it is a quiet haven away from busy towns. Jacky was most helpful and the atmosphere is informal and friendly. However, it is clearly well organised and efficient. The house is spacious and has interesting objects of art to admire. The two friendly dogs and single chicken sold it to my grown up daughters! I loved the most comfortable bed ever and the perfect breakfast. The homemade marmalade, jam and chutney is just one example of the attention to detail.

Room Tip: There is one double room downstairs for accessibility, the other rooms are upstairs.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
JackyOH, Owner at Coed Cae Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2017

Thanks for your kind words Alison, I think you're possibly the first person to mention Henny in their review, she certainly likes to come out with the dogs to greet everyone.
I need to get on to Margaret to make us some more marmalade and jam - restocking for the season, as supplies are getting perilously low. Hope to see you again soon - maybe Damson jam next time.