“Stay here every time traveling through Spokane.”

Residence Inn Spokane East Valley
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Spokane Valley
Helena, Mt
“Stay here every time traveling through Spokane.”
Reviewed 27 December 2011

This was our 3rd trip through Spokane and we've stayed at this Residence Inn each time, with slightly different reviews each time. This visit, during which the guest count was very low, was a very good visit. Staff, both evening and morning, were very pleasant. This hotel is in very safe area only 1/2 mile from a large shopping mall and many other large stores(such as Hobby Lobby, TJ Max, Nordstrom Rack) and restaurants (Azteca is our favorite). The free breakfast was good, and was more so because it wasn't crowded. The breakfast area is fairly small for the size of the hotel. The exercise room only had a few walking machines. The hotel also had a small indoor pool, which we didn't use on this visit.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank ClarkCreek

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 13 November 2011

We had a top-floor, corner suite that was very nice. We never could quite tell by the hotel website if what we thought was to be a 1 BR suite was indeed a 1 BR ENCLOSED suite that is equipped with a bedroom door to separate us for the night from our cats while we sleep for a long drive the next day. I had the AGM at the RI in Billings call on our behalf to this facility and confirmed we had a 1 BR suite. Well guess what? No such deal. We paid for a 1 BR but were assigned a suite with a single king bed OPEN to the living and dining area. That is not a 1 BR suite IT IS A STUDIO SUITE! Yes we stayed in this room as we were too tired to fight the fight but I did write it up on a comment card. The room was very nice and very quiet. This hotel has had some money spent on the interior hallways which are very nicely done even more so than is usual in other RIs. We were able to get in for the night on a Senior Discount Rate. The other
negative I did experience was when we went to the front desk in the evening to get laundry change we met the two front desk female "reservationists" that were attired in grubby looking jeans and each displaying so many tattoos I thought I had made a wrong turn and was somehow at a local circus. I have never seen this before at any Marriott property over the last 12 years. Really inappropriate dress and appearance. Would we return? Probably just because of the location being handy to Coeur d'Alene and I-90 and being pet-friendly.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Steven S
Reviewed 7 November 2011

It's ok, ac unit was loud and outside light lit the room up at night with curtains closed. Exercise room and equipment was a joke the equip. Is the from the 1970 or so. I had to just shake my head. Just didn't enjoy it much, but it was ok.

• Stayed October 2011
Pomfret, Connecticut
Reviewed 24 October 2011

We were just looking for a place to stay to explore the area. For the price the service, location and cleanliness is unmatched. We probably stay in too many over rated places so were favorable impressed.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank Tborner
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 18 October 2011

On Oct. 14th my family and I checked in to the Residence Inn in the East Valley. We had a two bedroom two bath unit with a kitchen. At 7:30 we experienced loud music, heavy foot traffic and loud voices above us. I contacted the front desk and was told a call would be made to the room. As I later found out a Bachelor & Bachlerette Party was taking place and the center of the activity was in the room directly above us. After the second call (an hour later) I was told this Marriott property had a strict "no party" policy and that if the problem didn't subside the police would be called and the guests would be evicted. After the third call I urged the staff to call the police as the noise was worse and getting louder. At 2 a.m. the party reached unbearable limits. We could plainly hear the shouting and a wrestling match was actually taking place in the room. The night auditor (the only hotel staff at the property) confided that the General Manager was called but nothing was going to be done since they were guests of hers. At 3 a.m. the noise finally died down and all members of the party returned to their rooms as I imagine the limits the human body can consume alcohol were finally reached. THIS WAS THE WORST NIGHT IN ANY LODGING I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED!! The next day we were comped the nights lodging but I was a Zombie after 3 hours of sleep. I suggested to the assistant manager perhaps the next night should be thrown in as well. After talking to the General Manager this couldn't be done and they treated us like we imagined the whole thing. Repeated calls to the GM found her "in meetings". The assistant manager insisted that the Marriott Residence in is not a party motel. I suggested they clean up the pile of pink puke by the entrance to our wing (2 days old) least other guests get the wrong impression.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family