Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
ZenHotels.comUSD 685
Lol.travelUSD 572
Agoda.comUSD 5,199
4,895 results
All reviews la maison long pool citron restaurant the club lounge private beach cable car kids club monkey mountain son tra heaven level barefoot restaurant f b nam tram pho memorable stay da nang airport infinity pool
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 June 2016

This is my husband and my second trip to this resort and we have brought our respective parents - group of 6 of us for a 5D4N stay. As it is our return trip, there are clearly some great points we love about this property:-

1) Ease of getting around
Traveling with our elderly parents, we requested for pick-up service from the airport and rooms located close to the funicular and everything went really well (except for the initial allocation of a very dark room, but that was quickly sorted out). As long as your room is located close to the funicular, it really is very easy to travel up and down the resort - note that the resort is located on a very steep hill. Otherwise, you may opt for a buggy but frankly, the funicular is way quicker.

2) Food & Beverage
In Vietnam, quality and hygiene for us are very important and both of these points have been met with excellence. To be honest, we had ALL our meals at the resort except for 1 night out in the Danang town for dinner, which was really nothing memorable. Buffet breakfast was our favourite time of the day - the spread is wonderful and high quality!

3) Wonderfully furnished rooms
We love the interior and the decor of the rooms, except maybe the bathtub which is really deep and quite dangerous for the elderly to climb in and out of. Also, the air conditioning in our rooms seem to be directed at our faces whilst lying in bed - but these are really minor issues.

Overall, we had a pretty good time except for a few minor hiccups here and there, which is perfectly fine. It is a huge property and we understand that there are a lot of guests and the staff are spread pretty thin. Our biggest gripe was with:-

1) La Maison 1888
During my first visit with my husband, we had dined at this restaurant. In our honest opinion, it was decent - not fantastic, but it offered a different experience to the other 2 restaurants on the property. We had wanted to make dinner reservations there for a night but was told that in a group of 6, we HAVE to order from the set menu. We are all very well travelled and have been to many fine dining establishments. We understand that this is probably to ease kitchen management, staffing, preparation times and the necessity to serve all courses at the table together. As such, we have suggested to them that we pre-order our meals from their regular menu at least 24 hours prior - mainly because we are not such big eaters and also not everyone in our group is keen on the set menu offered. Our suggestion was turned down and we were told that unless we order from the set menu, they will not take our reservation for our group of 6 (in other words, we can't dine there?!). Geez... clearly, we never dined there thereafter despite profuse apologies from the management and an offer to take up our proposal of pre-orders.

Anyhow, the group of us still had a good time at the property (though we will probably never dine at La Maison 1888 ever again), the good points do overweigh the bad ones in this case. Wonderful resort manager who greeted us at every opportunity and assisting in everything for our entire stay - appreciate it very much!

Room tip: Every room pretty much shares the same view... the difference is in your proximity to the beach.
Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank SMYong
InterConDanang, General Manager at InterContinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2016

Dear SMYong,

Thank you very much for spending your precious time to share your experience of the recent stay with us.

I am delighted to know overall you had a good time at the resort.

Please also accept our humble apologies for the unfavorable experience with the dinner reservation at La Maison. Please rest assured I will personally have a look into this together with the F&B Management Team to take proper action including re-training for staff.

I do hope you find the time to return to the resort in the near future.

Reviewed 8 June 2016 via mobile

This is for sure the best hotel in Danang and possibly all of Vietnam.
Without a doubt better than anywhere I have stayed in Southeast Asia.
I booked a standard king room and the view was simply breathtaking. The room had gigantic sliding door that were the width of the room that opened to a huge balcony. It was basically like an open air room with the doors open. The bathroom was very large and nicely appointed. The shower was really cool with a wood floor and a window that opened up to an ocean view. I can't imagine how nice the premium rooms must be.
As for the beach it was extremely secluded and basically empty during my stay. The water was very calm compared to Danang beaches and crystal clear. I took one of the kayaks out and couldn't believe I could see down so far. Bottom stays nice and sandy the whole way. I did encounter some very small jellyfish that were only noticeable because of the clarity of the water. In fact I only saw them because I could see shadows on the sandy bottom and sure enough they were from tiny jellyfish.
The staff was absolutely top notch from checkin to checkout. And I mean everyone from restaurant staff, bell boys, house keeping, maintenance workers, etc. They were all exceptionally friendly and accommodating.
The decor of the hotel is very interesting throughout. Giant couches, boat swings, and many others. They had several in great public locations that allowed for breathtaking views.

The bad:
Food was outrageously priced by Asian standards. I would say they would be considered high for a western resort.
One of my lunches was around $30 for a person, and my "street food" dinner buffet was around $80us but was on the beach and included beer. The buffet was pretty tasty but seemed a little odd that the same dishes are served in Danang for peanuts.
Clearly you can't compare eating in a private beachfront setting 20' from the water on a groomed beach to a plastic chair in danang surrounded by people but I still think the price gap should be closer. I feel like $45us would be more appropriate. (I'm a frugal traveler)
I really wanted to eat at the LeMaison restaurant but didn't have the proper dress code. The pricing at LeMaisson was also high but seemed reasonable for such a prestigious restaurant rating.
Long story short if this place is within your budget and you are coming to Danang stay here and you won't regret it. I stayed at the Hyatt prior to here and it wasn't even comparable.

Money saving tips:
-Use IHG points if you have them
-take a cab to Danang and eat if you want to save some coin and don't mind the authentic Vietnamese setting with locals.
-they have a free shuttle to Hoi An. I didn't use it bc I had already visited Hoi an via taxi whil staying at the Hyatt but this is a nice feature.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank stallion114
InterConDanang, General Manager at InterContinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2016

Dear Stallion114,

Thank you for writing such a wonderful review from your stay recently and appreciate the details you shared on the design of the Resort.

As for the food price, your feedback has been received most constructively and I appreciate this so we can look at ways to ensure our product quality and pricing meets our guests' expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Monkey mountain in the near future.

Reviewed 7 June 2016

The hotel itself is very nice and the Resort Assistant Manager Thang really made his effort for us to extend our late check out which I am very impressed. However, the customer services at the breakfast restaurant are not really up to the standard. The staff don't do replenish when the food are out. I visited the noodle bar at the breakfast area, the lady who cooked the noodles are extremely unfriendly! I told her that the pasley is all out and I would like some. She ignore me and I waited for more than 10 mins but pasley never arrive.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank pretz0910

Dear Vera Y,

Thank very much for sharing your review from your stay and in particular for highlighting Mr. Thang who always does his best to ensure our guests' stay is as memorable as possible. On the other hand, my humble apologies on the service experienced in Citron which I have already cascaded to our Culinary leadership team to rectify immediately. This is certainly unusual for us and appreciate you taking the time to provide this constructive feedback. I am grateful this did not mar the overall stay and look forward to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 7 June 2016

This is by far the best resort I have stayed so far. My hubs and I have been to many 5 star hotels and this is by far the best. The service is impeccable, from the moment you set foot at the front desk for check-in. The service standards are high and consistent throughout my 5 days stay.

I have booked the SON TRA OCEAN VIEW room and it is gorgeous. The view from the bathroom and the bedroom is truly amazing. The bathroom amenities provided was comprehensive and there is a marble/stone bathtub which allows you to soak while you enjoy the ocean view. The balcony space is big and they have high chair and table which allows you to have the option to dine-outside. As for the bedroom, everything was provided, from beach slippers and bag/hat to electric mosquito repellent. Not the mention that the in-room TV channels were the best (for us) as there were sports channels (hubs is a big sports fan) and a wide grand of complementary movies which is more than enough for our stay. In addition, I had an emergency nail situation which I was grateful that the in-room service crew manage to loan me a clipper (brand new one). Kudos!

We had most of our meals (breakfast) at the Citron restaurant which has these unique outdoor seating which protrude out of the restaurant (like outdoor dining area), which allows you to have a great view of the ocean and fresh air, while you dine. The food and services at the restaurant was good. All service staff ensured my hubs and I have everything we need. One of the F&B Manager/Staff even went all out to help us take many photos while we are at the outdoor seating area. (Mr Trung, I believe) We also met Mr Seif Hamdy, Director of F&B, had a great chat with him and got a quick download of the history of the resort.

As for the facilities, there are many complementary activities such as snorkeling, Basket Boat Ride, Paddle Boarding and Massage Classes. (Prob. can request the list from the hotel concierge) The sea sports mainly took place along the private beach which is relatively quiet. The swimming pool is also clean and spacious, with tanning chairs (where Hubs and I hang out mostly) The most impressive part, fresh fruits sticks, chill water and chill face towel were served during certain hours of the day. We could tell the service crew ensured everyone was hydrated and kept cool in the steaming hot weather. This is indeed a very nice surprise and we have never got such service in other resorts. There is also a massage salon by Harnn and 24hr Gym. They also do provide night movie at the summit however we didn't go as the in-room movie selection was sufficient.

There is also shuttle bus that bring you to Hoi An city or Danang city which you can hop on at 9am or 3pm. (Pls do ensure you double check with concierge)

Free WIFI throughout the resort and the speed is good enough for basic emails, surfing, streaming of videos.

Cool tram service which bring you to the different levels, definitely adds flavour to the resort.

In short, my hubs and I love the resort and definitely come back again.

Kudos to the InterContinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort Team.

Regards

Cammie Cheng

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear cammiecheng,

Your detailed review from your stay is very much appreciated - thank you for sharing which I am sure will inspire our future guests. I am delighted to see the entire journey on the mountain was enjoyable and that you were able to make the most of almost everything. From the room and amenities, the activities offered at the Resort and our dining outlets. Thank you for highlighting Mr. Trung our Citron Supervisor and Seif as this is certainly encouraging for the rest of the team to continue with their high levels of service. It is fantastic to hear of your kind comments on the beach and pool service offerings which is so important for us so we know what truly enhances the stay experience.

On behalf of the team, once again we thank you for commending the consistency of service and hope to welcome you and the husband back very soon.

Reviewed 6 June 2016

The minute you arrived into this resort, you realised that you're in Heaven! We stayed in the 'Heaven' level and it offered spectacular view of the beach. We had a wonderful stay for 4 nights and too good that you do not need to leave the resort as there're plenty of activities to keep you occupied. Every single corner of the hotel is a gem and we're impressed with the excellent service of all staff at any corner in the hotel. Special thanks to the sea sports team who are so flexible in accommodating our request of scheduling our snorkeling to the next day due to bad weather. To be honest, I can't find any negatives about this hotel. It's simply the best hotel that I have ever stayed and truly lives up to the name of 'The World's Leading Luxury Resort'. We will definitely be back again!

Room tip: Heaven level offers great sea view
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear cityofbeauty,

Thank you for posting such a wonderful review from your recent stay. I am happy to see our array of activities were abundant for your 'heavenly' holiday. It is extremely rewarding for the team to receive such great feedback on their service and thank you for highlighting in particular our energetic Guest Activities team. On behalf of the team, we are truly humbled to be your best hotel and look forward to welcoming you back to Monkey Bay soon.