Our party was made up of 4 adults and 4 young children. There was plenty of bed space and it was fairly flexible sleeping arrangements which worked out well. The house is beautiful and well equipped, including a highchair and stair gates. There are loads of books, dvds, leaflets for every attraction in the vicinity, games, a good bbq, and lots more.
The best bit for me is the large surrounding garden which is completely enclosed so the children could be outside playing without constant supervision. It's worth taking scooters due to the big parking area! Sarah was very helpful, we had a warm welcome and she is available locally if needed.
We went for a week when the weather was incredible, and the only struggle was the house gets very very warm, there are a couple fans provided which we couldn't have done without, particularly at night.
I would definitely recommend this for a family holiday, there is lots to do and the whole area is very beautiful. I would particularly recommend a visit to Abbotsbury, the children's farm there was fantastic for little ones, and the location is stunning. Weymouth beach was only about half hour away and is sandy and has donkey rides! In all, the house is good value for money.
Had a great week is this lovely barn conversion. Lovely and bright with lots of space. The owner met us and was very helpful and friendly. We went out every day and enjoyed the fantastic coastline, Abbotsbury Swannery, Athelhampton House,Weymouth, West Lulworth and Lyme Regis just to name a few. So in a great location to travel either way along the coast. Had great evening meals at the local pub The Chalk and Cheese and also Winyards Gap about 15 mins away.The barn had everything you need for a family holiday and the only suggestion I would make is that as we spent a lot of time in the conservatory some comfy seating would have been nice. Overall a fantastic stay.
Lovely property with a fantastic garden for the children to play in. Nice welcome by sarah who showed us round. Thank you
Great family friendly barn conversion to rent. We had 2 families (4 adults + 3 kids) with enough space for all to enjoy.
- great layout with dining and living space downstairs and 4 (3 & 1/2) upstairs. Good outside space with wall covering the road
- master bedroom with great bed and separate bathroom and walk-in storage/ dressing room
- outside space with BBQ and plenty of seating
- games room for kids to play (and big extra fridge for beer and BBQ meats)
- fantastic host lady
- nice village, not far from the coast
- plenty of parking space and gated entrance
Not so great
- water pressure - waiting nearly 30 mins to fill the bath (worth it though)
- road noise if you sit outside during the day
- only 1 large bedroom, so may be better for 1 large family rather than 2
But great place overall, certainly worth considering for a family weekend away or a whole week. Hopefully will be coming back again.