“Terrible Service ”

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Seafood, Australian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

Myself and a couple of friends booked a table for a Sunday night and upon arrival I was asked if I had a booking so I informed the staff member that I did, I was then informed that there was no booking so I showed them my e-mail confirmation of the booking and was told Ahh that's not working at the moment, no bother we have a table available! (Plenty).
We were seated, given menus and informed of the nights special then left not too return for a drinks order that was strange, then after quite some time the staff member returned to take our food order, so we asked if we could order some drinks first??
Food presentation was spot on as you can see from the photos attached but unfortunately the crackle on the pork belly had no crunch at all, soft shell crab on the seafood platter was way too seasoned and the seafood platter had mashed potatoes on the plate?
We then needed to ask if we could get another drink there was no attention at all unfortunately.
When one of us ordered a dessert the order seemed to have gotten lost, the manager did come over and apologise but all in all it was a disappointing night.
Would like to think that we got them on a bad night but from reading some of the other reviews it does not look like it.

Reviewed 26 August 2017

booked into the restaurant taking family who had never been there before after we said how great this place is. WRONG The service was a almost non existant as only 3 staff were serving when they should have 6 on a Sunday Lunchtime. You had to chase staff to get any sort of service and the 3 that were there were very good but it spoilt the day for everyone. MANAGEMENT you are to blame. YOU should at least discount the bill by at least 10% but no NO discount so they expect their customers to just grin and bear it. Sunday 20th August 2017 was not a good day

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

I went to this restaurant this evening.
I am very disgusted and disappointed with the experience I had.
Firstly both of our food came out wrong. Then it took them 20 mins to bring out food out again. My husbands meals came to us with extra tomatoes - we had asked for there to be none in the pasta, and mine had a hair in it!!!
We were appalled with the way the manager dealt with the situation and on top of that he wanted us to pay full price for the full meal.
We ended up going somewhere else for dinner

PortofinosManagement, Manager at Portofinos Restaurant, Cafe & Function Venue, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

We too are very disappointed with your dining experience. After customising your food order we promptly served your meals. Unfortunately your interpretation of what was served was not to expectations. We freshly made two more new meals which takes about 20min during peak service time, and this too was not to expectations. Misinterpretations to the menu items and the time to reproduce new meals seems the reason an apparent hair was found.
After taking both meals off the bill, this too was not to expectations, leaving us in a position of total dismay.

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Came in for breaky today with friends and family. We arent keen on the cafe. Restaurant at night is great. I ordered and a blonde girl served me she was very rude and gave me dirty looks when i was sitting down. Unacceptable. I am in the hospitality field so i know what i am talking about. Very unhappy today

Reviewed 3 August 2017

The setting is good but the prices are high for a cafe. It would be great if there was seating outside at the front instead the back seating is for children playground . Food is good