“A jewel in Tuscany”
other traveller has booked this property

Review of Casa Valerio

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Melodie W
Hereford, United Kingdom
“A jewel in Tuscany”
Reviewed 21 January 2016 for a stay in January 2016

We were lucky enough to stay in Ann's lovely house for 4 nights earlier this month. It really is a magical area, with the house set in the middle of the dreamy little hilltop village of Montisi. The house has been beautifully renovated, and tastefully furnished and decorated in Tuscan style. Next door is an "Alimentari", a food & accessories shop, better stocked with good food, wine and necessaries than an average Tesco. If the area is as charming as this in January then I can't wait to return in sping or summer!

Travelling group: Extended Family
21 Jan 2016
Thanks so much for the lovely review. Patrizia and Giuliana do a fantastic job at the alimentari and it is so handy when I run out out of something! Hope to see you again soon.
Best wishes
Shapcabs
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Dreamy Montisi”
Reviewed 31 December 2015 for a stay in May 2015

We had the pleasure of staying at Casa Valerio earlier this year. Ann has made the house a very comfortable home with beautiful decor and furnishings. Our room, which had a lovely view across the valley, was very comfortable and blissfully quiet.
The kitchen and dining area is very well equipped and leads out onto a lovely garden where you can enjoy a coffee, a glass of Prosecco as well as the stunning view.
Step out of the front door and you are in the middle of Montisi where the villagers are super friendly. There are many wonderful walks around the village and so much to see and explore.
If you are looking for a typical Tuscan village home which is central to all that the region has to offer look no further than Casa Valerio. You will not be disappointed.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The tranquil and central location
Liked least: Loved it all
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
1 Jan 2016
Hi Alex
I am so glad you obviously loved the house as much as I do. It is indeed a real home and Montisi is such a welcoming village. I hope you will visit again soon.
Happy New Year.
Gachet64
Manchester, United Kingdom
“A magical authentic Italian experience”
Reviewed 8 December 2015 for a stay in July 2015

Ann invited me to stay with her last July for a couple of nights. I hired a car from Pisa airport and getting to Montisi with the assistance of a sat nav couldn't have been easier. It literally took me to the front door.

The small front door off the cobblestones leads you into a beautiful and deceiving tardis of a property. The house is beautifully apportioned and tastefully appointed in keeping with its surroundings. It is cosy with all modern conveniences.

The first night I arrived Ann took me with some friends to a nearby Monticchiello, where we ate a lovely meal on an outdoor terrace followed by a wander round the historic village.

The following day Ann took me to Pienza where we had a relaxing couple of hours shopping. I bought a beautiful pair of unique earrings in a local shop which I will treasure forever and which remind me of our gorgeous afternoon. This was followed by a very relaxing lunch in the town and a bit more shopping. The best bit was that unlike many tourist destinations there was not a chain store in sight – it was all unusual Italian wares. On the drive back to Montisi we passed fields of sunflowers, which were just sensational.

During the couple of days I stayed with Ann I met a number of the Montisi villagers, all of whom were charming. I met Antonella, whom we enjoyed a lovely hour drinking wine with in the garden at Casa Valerio and who is Ann's guide and although I did not do a trip with her, I can imagine from just spending time with her that she would make a very intelligent and amusing guide. Antonella and her husband also run the wine cellars in Montisi where I bought some fabulous Italian wine to bring home. At breakfast one morning I met Liz Cochrane a local artist who does painting trips for Ann's guests.

We ate in a restaurant in Montisi where I seem to recall there was no menu but the food was cooked with all local ingredients and was the best pasta I have ever eaten.

On my last night I helped Ann cook dinner for some American guests whom we entertained on the terrace at Casa Valerio. Ann is an amazing host and anyone who books a holiday through her will be well looked after and will not be disappointed.

Travelling group: Solo Traveller
9 Dec 2015
Thanks so much for the lovely review and I am so pleased you had a great trip. As you have described there is so much to se and do even in a very short trip - and there will be plenty more next time!
smaxytax
Bedfordshire
“This place is magic!”
Reviewed 7 December 2015 for a stay in July 2015
person found this review helpful

We stayed at Casa Valerio for five days in July 2015. The house is fabulous in a medieval village perched on top of a hill in the middle of the most beautiful Tuscan countryside. The bedrooms are large, with incredible views and good ensuites. The kitchen is top quality - if you want to cook. It's better appointed than most kitchens. But you don't have to cook if you don't want to, because the restaurants and cafes in the village and nearby are fabulous. Reading a book sitting in the pool with the amazing Italian countryside laid out beside you is an incomparable experience. The countryside is punctuated with the Cypress trees reaching for the skies - I felt like I was on the set of so many films! The owner, Ann, is so knowledgeable about the area so she is a great resource, but it is such a beautiful area of Italy that, even without her help, I think you cannot fail to have a wonderful holiday here. There is wine, there is cheese, there are mountains, there are lakes and there are the most delightful towns and cities within easy reach by car. As I write this review I am wearing the shoes I bought in Pienza, and I drink from the glasses and we use the table linen (in uniquely vibrant colours) we bought nearby; so there is shopping, too. Sienna is a great day btrip from here. I was lucky enough to drive through Sienna at the same time as the Mille Miglia went through on a previous visit. If you are a family, or a bunch of friends, young or old, you will find everything you need. If this review seems a bit over the top, then you should be getting about the right idea about this property! I can't praise it highly enough.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The Magic of Montisi and the beauty of Tuscany
Liked least: Leaving at the end of the holiday!
Travelling group: Teenagers
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
7 Dec 2015
Hi Smaxytax
Thanks so much for the wonderful review and I am so glad you had such a good holiday - your description really makes the whole place come alive! Enjoy the memories - and all your shopping! - and I hope you will visit again soon.
Best wishes
Ann
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing