“Great food, great service, fantastic location”
Review of One on LaBalsa

One on LaBalsa
Ranked #3 of 26 Restaurants in Buddina
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 18 January 2014

A place I don't like to frequent. Why? Because i love it. Everytime I go there I fall in love with the vibrancy of the cafe and the wonderful location. Recently took a workmate there for breakfast which was cooked exactly as we requested. Breakfast was followed by a nice long walk along the waterfront then back to cafe refreshments. Highly recommend.

There are newer reviews for One on LaBalsa

Reviewed 2 January 2014

What a hidden gem! Lucky people who live nearby, wish our local cafe was half as good! What's not to love about it! Staff were friendly and efficient, food was so yummy, place was very clean, great breeze sitting on the shady deck overlooking the water watching the mega rich motor past in their cruising boats. A great place to pass the time away. I had the vegetarian stack-pumpkin cakes with spinach and feta, with a tropical smoothie. Followed it up with a honeycomb and almond cake. It was all delicious and great value. Couldn't fault the place. Will definitely be going back again. Do yourself a favor and give it a try! Maybe book a table so as not to miss out,or get take away and sit in the park across the road. Well done La balsa.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

I was so suprised when I arrived. A friend brought me here and I am not from the area so had not heard about it. I was extremely hungover and One on LaBalsa was like a mirage in a desert. Everything was so clean and looked so fresh and there was the most perfect breeze blowing through the cafe that felt like the perfect hangover cure. The service was very friendly and quick, also in my state, paying before I ate was just what I felt like. The food came out quick and was extremely tasty and the drinks were amazing. Thanks One on LaBalsa for helping me nurse my hangover, I could not have done it without you.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

We have eaten here before but never reviewed. One on La Balsa is great value & has a great variety to choose from. We came for breakfast and I ate the Salmon & poached egg dish served on thick cut sour dough, it was so good. Our table tried the big breaky, vegetarian breaky & the corn fritter stack. They do fresh juices & smoothies too. Could not fault anything we ate & will always return.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

Visited in June - (forgot to submit a review then) - with family, who are regular visitors, for Sunday lunch.

It's a busy cafe (obviously popular) in a lovely spot, overlooking park to the Mooloolaba Harbour/Mooloolah River. The menu offered a nice variety, the service was great & the food very good. Only negative is that a booking can't be made.

Thoroughly enjoyable & highly recommend. We will be back again.