All reviews heritage tour day tour cultural show italian restaurant walking tour an overnight stay cafe marivent la bella welcome drink philippine history old house beautiful place modern amenities las casas filipinas traditional filipino cafe del rio jeepney ride
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Hospitality I can’t define.
Every single one of their staffs are awesomely kind, polite and excellently attentive to our need specially the nurse and the van driver who took us to see the doctor at the community clinic. Even the doctor is really wonderful and the medical service is totally free! The resort is indescribably beautiful, peaceful, secure and irresistible! Their Filipino restaurant serves delicious foods and great services too! Jeepney shuttle and tram are offered free of charge for the guests while if u want to experience a kalesa ride for a reasonable fare or rent a golf cart is also available! They even offer free tour with guide to tell u the story of how the resort was built by re-assembling very old houses in the 1800 hundreds from different part of the country into the resort. One will definitely come back here over and over again just like us! I’m highly recommending this place to anyone looking to experience a community in the Spanish era.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay so much that we are already planning for our next visit. We learned a lot about the history of the houses built in the place as well as the Filipino culture. Nerie Gonzales and the staff of Las Casa were so accomodating, efficient and friendly.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 21 March 2018

I won't call myself a history buff but its my favorite subject in school. I enjoyed it alot. So when I heard of this heritage hotel in Bagac, Bataan, I had to see it for myself and finally it did happened over the weekend. We purchased the daytour ticket at the mall in Bagac, Bataan for 2500. Apparently you can't just walk in there without setting up an appointment because the "guardia civil" have a guest lists and will provide you with a gate pass to enter the hotel premises.

So to say, Las Casas doesn't disappoint Surprisingly, I enjoyed their walking heritage tour a lot, its very educational and you will learn something new from the tour just like i did. The daytour includes a river cruise, calesa ride and 500 pesos worth of dining credits.

You get a welcome drink and a cold towel after the walking daytour. You also have access to the beach, you can swim there and you will be provided with towels. I can say that the daytour rate is pricey but its worth it and if you can't get enough of Las Casas, you can always book a room there.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 20 March 2018

I booked directly with the hotel's website and ordered the Deluxe room with 2 beds. We stayed there last year, Jan.27-28, 2017 to celebrate my birthday and only got to do this review just now for lack of time. Upon check-in we ordered an additional bed as well (a cot). However, upon getting to our room, I was shocked to see that all the windows were boarded up. We were on Building#2 facing the beach. It was like living on a cave with no view of anything whatsoever. So what's the point of building/transplanting an edifice facing the beach but the guest cannot enjoy the view because there were no windows. I was even more dissappointed to see that while we were strolling out, the rooms on the upper floor had very wide open sliding capiz windows very much unlike ours. We all felt like Jose Rizal imprisoned in a dungeon or something since there were no windows. I noticed nobody gave us welcome drinks either. I thought that was normal in this hotel but after reading everyone's review and seeing some vlogs on youtube wherein some guests were given welcome drinks, it is really shocking and dissappointing to find out this hotel is not consistent with their service considering IT IS A PRICEY HOTEL. You may have the right to be pricey but please offer a service that is at par with the best. Obviously you're not the best! Pricey but not the best service. The only thing that compensated for the "cavelike" room and the missing welcome drinks was the tour of the different ancestral houses. The tour guide was very engaging and humorous and the buffet breakfast was divine. The dinner buffet was not so good with a high price tag. I can still remember I bit into a hard-as-a-rock Vegetable Spring Roll (obviously it was a day old and was just refried) that I had to stop biting onto it otherwise I might break my teeth. We don't know if we would want to stay there again.

Room tip: Choose a room with windows and not rooms with windows that are boarded up. Also, choose those that are facing the Binondo Canal.
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Cynthia D
Reviewed 15 March 2018

I have been to Las Casas twice, the first time with my office mates. Having the experienced the day tour, seeing ornately decorated houses and other buildings I made sure that I will bring my family members when I visit again.
So the next time we booked a room facing the sea and stayed overnight. Las Casas was more beautiful at night with the lights, the fireworks and it was no longer hot so we were able to walk leisurely to explore around.
The guides are good! They know ehat they are talking about. We were all ears as they narrated the stories of some of the houses..
Cons:
Long travel but so worth it.
Not recommend it for the elderly ;-)

Date of stay: December 2017