“Famous for their Noodles”
Review of Mie Kocok Bandung

Mie Kocok Bandung
Ranked #21 of 104 Restaurants in Maroubra
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

This authentic Indonesian restaurant is well known for their Noodles and they didn’t dissapoint! The place is rather small and it can get very busy during weekends but you can take away.

Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

One of our Indonesia Restaurant in Sydney! They famous for their noodles.. love the Nasi Teri Ijo.. tasty and spicy!! Second fave is mie Kocok Bandung!!! Kind owners!! Nice place to hang out while you are in eastern suburb.. writhed for us who came from the west highly recommended !!!

Reviewed 9 June 2017

I'm not versed on authentic Indonesian food which is what this place is known for. I'm versed on delicious and this place is so good. I normally get the savoury noodles w/ chicken. It's a simple dish that tastes hearty and home made. I'm pretty big on service and the staff is always super friendly. Sometimes I get nervous about going into places that look very traditional and when I don't understand the dishes but I'm glad I went in here. Even with minimal English they make the effort to ask if I know what the dishes are and if I know how to eat them properly (as they give you a few different items). I really like that effort as I was actually eating it all wrong! There is also a little snack bar on the side with these deep fried potato dumpling thingies...SOOOO GOOD! Dope chilli sauce as well!

Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

Being able to find authentic tasting Indonesian food in Sydney is a great delight. This restaurant in the Marouba suburb was recommended by a Malaysian friend who now resides in Sydney.

The shop is small so sitting area is limited to around 30. The menu is varied with noodle and rice based dishes. Different varieties of krupuk are available which give that added crunch to the savoury items on the menu.

The broth for the noodle dishes was a labour of love - no wonder the owner lists it in the centre of the menu. Tendon and tripe are available for the true aficionados.

I will certainly revisit.

1  Thank gnyrret
Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

This is a nice little shop which is tuck in marouba away from the hustle of Sydney city centre the food is homemade and taste great!

We had the yamien campus (beef noodles dry), mie panorama (sorta like fried wanton noodles with meat), ayam goreng komplit (deep fried chicken rice) , rendang komplit (beef in dry curry with rice) and gudeg komplit (stewed meat and jackfruit) as the main meals and we also ordered baso ayam kuah  (chicken balls soup) and baso tahu goreng (deep fried toufu with special peanut sauce) to share.

The noodles, the specialty of the store, were chewy and springy (the Taiwanese would say the the noodles 很 Q wor) the sauce for the noodles were also delicious

The rice was not bad and the fried chicken and beef were delicious.

The gudeg was stewed well and the meat just felled off the bones the stewed jackfruit was delicious too

The chicken baso soup and deep fried toufu were also delicious as starters.

The service was also great, they took the time to explain the dishes and also made great recommendations for our dinner...

The price maybe a bit steep to those who are Asians and visiting Australia (any A$10 per bowl) but the portion is worth it....  Personally I would come back again for the food